• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watched Event Horizon the other night on some non descript satellite sci fi channel. Great film actually. Sam Neill in it with Laurence Fishburne. I'm not a sci fi fan but it's a decent watch.
That is a great Sci-Fi horror film....I believe the story idea very loosely came from a episode of Space 1999 a popular TV Sci Fi series from the early 1970s.

DB9

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker,. What can I say? What an awesome film, Being a big part of my life for 42 years this was a fitting finale, Absolutely loved it. It ended where it all began, in a galaxy far far away. 10/10

Mr Jinx

Picked the dvd up recently for 10p in the local charity shop. Really can’t go wrong at that price.
Well you can. It's not even worth that much. A turkey of the highest order.

Banksy

Well you can. It's not even worth that much. A turkey of the highest order.
At 10p really? Because I can pass it on to a charity shop I support anyway and they’ll get 50 p for it.

Antony Moxey

Mary Poppins returns. The new one with Emily Blunt, but this time Mary Poppins is looking after the Banks’ children’s children. As delightful and innocent as the first with fantastic performances from the entire cast. Simply magical. Nine cherry trees out of ten spoonfuls of medicine.

Oldsmobile-88

The Irishman(2019) running at about 3 and a half hours,glad to watch this one at home on Netflix,so I could pause it occasionally for comfort breaks

A good story through the years based on facts about Jimmy Hoffa the Teamsters Union boss in the late 50s,60s & 70s until his mysterious disappearance in 1975.
The version on the film is the scriptwriter having a bit of artistic license.

Pachino,Pesci,De Nero all the Italian mobster big guns.
British actor Stephen Graham(This is England ‘86,Between The Lines & numerous other dramas in the past few years) is among that lot of Hollywood ‘A’ listers.

7/10.

Oldsmobile-88

Eye of the Needle(1981)
World War II spy thriller about a German spy with Allied invasion plans who is stranded on an island with a woman and her crippled husband.
Donald Sutherland playing the German spy.
Pretty good film.Loved the shots around the outside of a gasworks early in the film.Those places were timeless(all gone now)

7/10

Antony Moxey

Shazam. Another DC Comics effort to end Marvel’s world domination sees a lad given superpowers whenever he says the magic word. Of course it won’t dent Marvel’s takings but nevertheless it was a fun watch once it got going even though the two lead kids were annoying as hell. Five orphans out of seven deadly sins.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952) Richard Todd ~ Joan Rice ~ Peter Finch

Not the best Robin Hood film I've seen but enjoyable enough. Good to see the likes of James Robertson Justice (Little John), James Hayter, Bill Owen and Michael Hordern. I was especially please to see Elton Hayes' portrayal of Alan-a-Dale the outlaw's singing minstrel. Hayes was a highly talented folk singer who's stage fright was so severe that he gave up performing altogether. A great loss.

Banksy

The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952) Richard Todd ~ Joan Rice ~ Peter Finch

Not the best Robin Hood film I've seen but enjoyable enough. Good to see the likes of James Robertson Justice (Little John), James Hayter, Bill Owen and Michael Hordern. I was especially please to see Elton Hayes' portrayal of Alan-a-Dale the outlaw's singing minstrel. Hayes was a highly talented folk singer who's stage fright was so severe that he gave up performing altogether. A great loss.
Now you’re talking Stuffy! Can still remember the words of ‘Whistle my Love’ now , sad person that I am.Saw it at the Odeon Exeter ( or was it the Gaumont?) when it first came out.Have a dvd copy of it in my collection somewhere.
P.s Did like Joan Rice too!