• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

L2 Retained Lists

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would anyone forgive JMT and have him back
Not a case of forgiving just too injury prone for me.

Colesman Ballz

Not a case of forgiving just too injury prone for me.
My sentiments exactly. Any acrimony over his departure was down to whichever idiot was responsible for giving him that contract which allowed him the opportunity of a free transfer just months after signing it. :mad:

andrew p long

My sentiments exactly. Any acrimony over his departure was down to whichever idiot was responsible for giving him that contract which allowed him the opportunity of a free transfer just months after signing it. :mad:
At the risk of going over old ground, if he hadn’t signed that contract he would have been able to have left that summer on a free transfer anyway.

Colesman Ballz

At the risk of going over old ground, if he hadn’t signed that contract he would have been able to have left that summer on a free transfer anyway.
Old ground or not, it was was still in commercial terms a crassly stupid decision anyway! We ended up paying him vastly increased wages for the last six months or so of the season for no return whatsoever, and let's remember that was "reputedly" the highest ever player contract we had ever awarded !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Old ground or not, it was was still in commercial terms a crassly stupid decision anyway! We ended up paying him vastly increased wages for the last six months or so of the season for no return whatsoever, and let's remember that was "reputedly" the highest ever player contract we had ever awarded !
One suspects that honour now resides with Ajose?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought it was the contract we offered in the close season to try and stop him moving to MK that was the highest we had ever offered.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's fair to say there are people (including me) that dont agree with you on this. Let's leave it now. JMT is s really good player, but given his injury record..."I'm out".

Red red

I wasn’t happy with what happened at the time and yes I gave him stick on his return. But you only do that to good players and would I have him back I would say Yes

dontpassback

He has probably earnt a few bob with a decent contract at Mk dons so you can’t blame him,where will he end up,who knows,if Tisdale gets another gig maybe with him,but he could certainly do a good job in league 1 or 2 if his injuries don’t get in the way

Grecianpasty

Would definitely take JMT back. I'd also suggest that we would be a great club to help revive his career at this point too.