• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

L2 Retained Lists

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT said seven senior players were out of contract.

The consensus on here IIRC was Woodman, Holmes, Warren, Fisher, Lee Martin, Moxey. It wouldn’t be a surprise if all were released because none of them are in what appears to be MT’s first choice eleven (though Moxey and Lee Martin are very close)

and then depending how you viewed things possibly Aaron Martin or Brennan Dickenson. It would be a blow if Martin A is released as he is now definitely first choice at centre half. Dickenson would be an asset next season, but might just prove too expensive for a pared down budget.
If Aaron Martin is out of contract he will need to be either re-signed or replaced as otherwise we would be very thin on numbers at the back.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fleetwood have long had a sugar daddy, Wycombe have recently acquired a sugar daddy and Accrington’s owner claims not to be a sugar daddy but I’m guessing he’s still invested a decent amount of money in the club.
All is explained then.In my naivety I was thinking such an unfashionable club such as Fleetwood probably wouldn’t have one let alone Wycombe! They have done well in L1‘s protracted season and either could be gracing the Championship next term , which has always been a distant dream to us.So on the face of it unless Ollie goes for sixty million our chances of doing as well must be pretty low.

Pobbop

We can't afford Holmes, I like him when he plays, but it isn't enough. I could see us depressingly keeping Warren over A Martin as a budgetary thing. Think we have enough players from the yoof to do L Martins job or indeed Fishers.

Not saying in an ideal World I'd do any of these things, but we ain't in one of them, and neither will any of our rivals be. Probably keep Moxey, his versatility is key, and I doubt he's on a huge wedge.

Banksy

MT said seven senior players were out of contract.

The consensus on here IIRC was Woodman, Holmes, Warren, Fisher, Lee Martin, Moxey. It wouldn’t be a surprise if all were released because none of them are in what appears to be MT’s first choice eleven (though Moxey and Lee Martin are very close)

and then depending how you viewed things possibly Aaron Martin or Brennan Dickenson. It would be a blow if Martin A is released as he is now definitely first choice at centre half. Dickenson would be an asset next season, but might just prove too expensive for a pared down budget.
Agree regarding Martin but most of the rest are past their sell by date, Woodman and Holmes especially. Moxey is probably a luxury we can no longer afford unless he’s prepared to take a big pay cut.Time to let the youngsters loose methinks. Warren and Fisher aren’t called on very often and therefore surplus to requirements.

Pobbop

All is explained then.In my naivety I was thinking such an unfashionable club such as Fleetwood probably wouldn’t have one let alone Wycombe! They have done well in L1‘s protracted season and either could be gracing the Championship next term , which has always been a distant dream to us.So on the face of it unless Ollie goes for sixty million our chances of doing as well must be pretty low.

If we are in a decent financial position (i.e, not close to bankrupt), then trust me we will be better placed than 90% of EFL and Championship teams.

Red Devon

Fleetwood have long had a sugar daddy, Wycombe have recently acquired a sugar daddy and Accrington’s owner claims not to be a sugar daddy but I’m guessing he’s still invested a decent amount of money in the club.
Fleetwood have bought their way up through the league’s yes...but huge credit to Gareth Ainsworth who had Wycombe top of the pile in League 1 last October with very little resources compared to others before the new owner took over...similarly John Coleman at Accrington for getting them to and keeping the club in League 1 on reportedly the lowest budget in the league.

ryancooper327

MACCLESFIELD Released Players

Jacob Blyth
Nathan Cameron
Reice Charles-Cook
Adam Dawson
Arthur Gnahoua
James Pearson
Michael Rose
Ben Stephens
Donovan Wilson
Peter Vincenti

ryancooper327

WALSALL Released Players

Shay Facey
James Hardy
Gary Liddle
Mitch Candlin
Kory Roberts

ryancooper327

Surprised there wasn't more for Macclesfield. Also you can see Donovan Wilson was released - not going well for him

ryancooper327

Also: 122 players released which is an average of 9 players per club so far.