• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon it will be a struggle to keep him in the January window. And if he doesn't go then, he will be the subject of even more interest in the summer.
Probably need to line a replacement up (? Kane Wilson) or make Josh stay until end of season.

budegrecian

Probably need to line a replacement up (? Kane Wilson) or make Josh stay until end of season.
I'd be very surprised if FG would be prepared to sell Kane Wilson to a potential rival, in January. If Josh was to go then, I think we already have a replacement: Jake Caprice. Jack Sparkes should be fit again, by then, to play on the left & Jake could then be moved back to his natural side.
I rather see Josh stay, though.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be very surprised if FG would be prepared to sell Kane Wilson to a potential rival, in January. If Josh was to go then, I think we already have a replacement: Jake Caprice. Jack Sparkes should be fit again, by then, to play on the left & Jake could then be moved back to his natural side.
I rather see Josh stay, though.
Good point - I've forgot that Caprice plays on the right it's been so long !

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
He'll stay until the end of the season then leave to the highest bidder.

andrew p long

yesterday's run for Nombe's goal against Bradford was something special. I love the photo on the Bradford MTD (post 160 on p16) showing the two players sprawled on the floor in the wake of Josh's jinking run which sat both of them down.

I wondered whether he didn't start so as not to be cup tied for the purposes of January suitors, but that's obviously not the case (and being cup tied won't be a problem for Sunderland now) Having said all that I still expect Josh to move in the summer, not January.

Banksy

He'll stay until the end of the season then leave to the highest bidder.
And thank goodness for that.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If today is the last time I see Josh in a Grecian shirt at home then I wish I had the chance to say thanks to him for the good times he has given us Grecians.
I wish him all the best wherever he goes but hope that he remembers that, "Once a Grecian ALWAYS A GRECIAN" & that he remains an ECFC Trust member but should pay a bit more !
UTC and all the best Josh.

Banksy

If today is the last time I see Josh in a Grecian shirt at home then I wish I had the chance to say thanks to him for the good times he has given us Grecians.
I wish him all the best wherever he goes but hope that he remembers that, "Once a Grecian ALWAYS A GRECIAN" & that he remains an ECFC Trust member but should pay a bit more !
I sincerely hope he stays.We’ve sold enough of the family silver of late.Especially as this has the makings of another winter hiccup season where we flatter to deceive and fall away.Will we ever get a clear cut chance of auto promotion I wonder? Other teams of all shapes and sizes make it ,Accrington , Wimbledon , Morecambe anyone? Why can’t we? Trouble is , all the monies are never put into the squad anyway , and in January you can never seem to find decent replacements.
And needless to say , even if we’re decent enough to make the playoffs our last three attempts don’t bode well for the next.Today proved we’re thin in some positions and need to strengthen.

andrew p long

Is there any indication/inside info to say that Josh will be gone in January, rather than in the summer?

jase 07

Is there any indication/inside info to say that Josh will be gone in January, rather than in the summer?
I think as always it’s down to the money, if we get the right offer he will be gone in January