• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonathan Grounds (departs)

Red Monster

Fingers crossed he Works out better than the other two
ageing defenders Matt brought in.
Warren and McCardle .

Oh FFS my Swindon mate says he can’t run and made some catastrophic errors for them last season and was out injured for ages….Got to give him a chance I guess, but really? Signing a player on the decline doesn’t fill me with much hope.

Topsham Boy

So not a marquee signing then. Still waiting.

I think we should put the marquee thing to bed mate. Not happening.

I would love to be excited, but am utterly underwhelmed. Its almost beginning to feel that we have been taken for fools in believing any of Matts pre-season promises.
I don’t think you can blame Matt, I think at the time he said that he was probably peeved how the season ended…he was just being ambitious and probably got told to wind his neck in by the board.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fingers crossed he Works out better than the other two
ageing defenders Matt brought in.
Warren and McCardle .
After a bit of a rocky start I though McCardle was fine for us last season. He was never going to be pinging 60 yard passes but he helped make the defence more solid in the second half of the season and also helped Hartridge settle into the first team.

simcity

I don’t think you can blame Matt, I think at the time he said that he was probably peeved how the season ended…he was just being ambitious and probably got told to wind his neck in by the board.
Think Matt is exactly the person to blame. He is the one who set the expectations via interviews with the press and now he appears to have not followed through with what he said we should just forget about it and move on?

This is the season that Taylor has to prove himself as the man to take us forward as the 'transition season' excuse can't be rolled out every year to excuse poor form and results!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh FFS my Swindon mate says he can’t run and made some catastrophic errors for them last season and was out injured for ages….Got to give him a chance I guess, but really? Signing a player on the decline doesn’t fill me with much hope.
Swindon were an absolute sh!tshow last season so, like Dieng, I'm willing to wait until I see him play before I make too many judgements.

MerleyRed

If it were a single quote from him I could accept your argument, but there were a couple separate interviews in which he basically said the same thing with no caveats. It is clear he did not expect it to be so difficult to bring the players he wanted in, but with the experience of previous windows where he struggled in the same way, why was he so naive in making these comments and creating a rod for his own back.

ecfc2000

Swindon fans not so complimentary about Jonathan.