• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ll tell you what…I’ll pin the one where you told me Matt Jay was never going be our new captain instead 👍
It was the wrong decision to make captain

Grecian Max

Only a very small percentage of City fans are active on social media so a few people complaining doesn’t necessarily mean the whole fan base is feeling negative. There may well even be quite a few fans like myself waiting to see the new signings play competitively before writing them off completely.
I always see this trotted out where do we get this from? Maybe back when exeweb started and the internet was a niche thing… everyone uses social media, even my parents ffs

Thousands of followers on all platforms, yes some post more than others by there is definitely a feeling of negativity that I think will quite quickly transfer into real life

Reactions: WXF

Arthur Davey

I will always support city but am concern with lack of ambition at the moment and the lack of quality signings
Nombe looks class Brown looks good just need two or three more o give us all confidence for the new season
Not being funny, but your second statement appears to contradict your first one 🤔

ryancooper327

I always see this trotted out where do we get this from? Maybe back when exeweb started and the internet was a niche thing… everyone uses social media, even my parents ffs

Thousands of followers on all platforms, yes some post more than others by there is definitely a feeling of negativity that I think will quite quickly transfer into real life
Yup I feel for Scott and the team who have to deal with it. Not their fault…

Grecian Max

If it’s neither - where’s the money gone? Matt said we’ve got limited money left in the budget when a few months ago it was the biggest in clubs history…
Agree with your comments on recruitment - not good enough thus far.
Because it hasn’t all been spent that’s what… you can tell by the quality of player we have brought in… I don’t think we’re overpaying on them

bassoparker

After catching up with all this, one thing I would add is, that it is possible that Taylor was waiting for this deal to go through before moving on to sign someone. There might be a signing today to fill the gap, hopefully someone big. Money in, money out.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

I would love to see some numbers that prove this either way. There’s every chance that being an old fart who only really uses Exeweb and occasionally twitter I’m under-estimating how many people use other platforms. However, my impression is that the number of people actually commenting and engaging in proper debate on social media is still quite small and even then how many of them are actual fans as opposed to wind-up merchants/ trolls.

arthur

Both our starting wingers joining Championship clubs. Good luck to Randell and Randall - glad I won’t have to see people getting them mixed up anymore.
Peterborough a Championship Club? A club which this season will be playing in the Championship, yes, but during their previous visits they haven't exactly set that league alight.

Still, it seems MacAnthony is determined to establish ECFC as a feeder club for The Posh . Peterborough is not the most exciting of towns and could reasonably be described as the Pl*mouth of the East. I can think of better places for our young players to aspire to

fred binneys head

I’ve got a lot of time for Peterborough and hope they (and our boys) do well this season.

ryancooper327

Peterborough a Championship Club? A club which this season will be playing in the Championship, yes, but during their previous visits they haven't exactly set that league alight.

Still, it seems MacAnthony is determined to establish ECFC as a feeder club for The Posh . Peterborough is not the most exciting of towns and could reasonably be described as the Pl*mouth of the East. I can think of better places for our young players to aspire to

Yes, a Championship club.