• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Nouble - New Striker?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really hope Joel does well. It’s a shame how things have gone so disastrously wrong in recent times at Livi.

Our gaffer was trying to punt him for £1 million last year, if he recaptures that 6 month period for Exeter then you could be quids in.
Come back in a year, think it'll be an interesting conversation

I suspect we will be League 2 and he'll be smashing it as that really is a poor level of football

Bridgy 81

I suspect we will be League 2 and he'll be smashing it as that really is a poor level of football
You maybe right, if so I hope he is, but I’m not so sure it’d be as straightforward down there as you anticipate.
Unless of course you’re pulling my plonker!

Grecian Max

You maybe right, if so I hope he is, but I’m not so sure it’d be as straightforward down there as you anticipate.
Unless of course you’re pulling my plonker!
I don't think it's an easy league, but I do think from my limited knowledge that this lad would find that level below him

If Caldwell is managing us down there, god help us. The inane tippy tappy doesn't work now, let alone in the basement.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's amazing how quickly people pivot from 'we just need any striker, anyone who can play up front' to 'no, don't want that one'.

Great news if we bring a target man in. None of us know whether he'll be any good (just like we didn't with Nombe or Jevani either), but I'd be much happier with his name on the team sheet on Tuesday evening than continuing to limp along in our current state.

denzel

Come back in a year, think it'll be an interesting conversation

Not sure its that much poorer level as we were down there for 10 seasons and it took us to sign Sam, Jevani, Stanno, (together with Josh, Cam and Archie) to get us out of there.
We won't bounce back straight away with the players we have

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure its that much poorer level as we were down there for 10 seasons and it took us to sign Sam, Jevani, Stanno, (together with Josh, Cam and Archie) to get us out of there.
Jay Stansfield never played for us in League Two.

Grecian Max

I’m talking in terms of quality, not the ability for the club to get out of it - it’s competitive but noticeably worse than League One football

We would 100% find it difficult down there

gui

I’d be very happy if he comes in .
We need a big player like him up front who can create havoc in the box .

Red & White

Looks like a good option up top for us if he does sign, may provide the support that Sonny needs to get into better goal scoring positions. Not sure who from our starting line up would make way, possibly Wildschut?

iscalad

Looks like a good option up top for us if he does sign, may provide the support that Sonny needs to get into better goal scoring positions. Not sure who from our starting line up would make way, possibly Wildschut?
Aitchenson?