• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Terryhall

We're not in need of cash (Although of course, always welcome)

Shouldn't sell Stockers unless we get £1.5m+

He seems to be loving his time here, offer him a new contract in the summer with a 1-2 year extension and increase his wages to keep him happy. He's got a family now and I expect wants to settle down and not be moving around at the moment. Everything is in our favour.

However, every club and every player has their price - Ours shouldn't be as low as £1m. Stockley is better than Doidge, and he's younger.
Agree with all of that, if anything I'd be disappointed if he went for *just* £1.5m.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll lose him either in January or in the summer. We'll get a good price for him. We'll also be able to build an attack around Jonathan Forte instead, which could even be more exciting to watch than at the moment with Stockley.

These are good times, don't worry about the future or the past.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'll lose him either in January or in the summer. We'll get a good price for him. We'll also be able to build an attack around Jonathan Forte instead, which could even be more exciting to watch than at the moment with Stockley.

These are good times, don't worry about the future or the past.
I'd actually say he's unlikely to go in Jan. Doesn't seem like he'd push that desperately for a move and being a League One club is massive for us. Wait til the summer and sell for him a good price with time to find replacements.

Saint James

I heard the buyout clause is 600k.
That's the 4th different level of buyout clause quoted so far. Just to end doubt "there is no clause"

Jazzi

That's the 4th different level of buyout clause quoted so far. Just to end doubt "there is no clause"
You're confident in saying that you know the details of JS's contract?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
"There ain't no sanity clause" © the Marx Brothers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Ain't_No_Sanity_Clause

andrew p long

If we have a player who cost 100k a year ago,but is now worth £1.5m, then a heck of a lot of credit must go to whoever within the club was responsible for recruiting him.

Colesman Ballz

If we have a player who cost 100k a year ago,but is now worth £1.5m, then a heck of a lot of credit must go to whoever within the club was responsible for recruiting him.
By the law of averages, if you make enough signings, the odd one or two turn out ok, but still doesn't excuse the long line of old crocks though !

jimmy

Jayden is the top scorer in all four professional divisions in 2018.

Keep it up buay!

PeteUSA

"There ain't no sanity clause" © the Marx Brothers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Ain't_No_Sanity_Clause
Being one of the 'older set', I knew that John, but thanks for the clip! (y)