• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know what the club are likely to receive off the back of his success at Fulham?
Shrouded in secrecy as always ! The impression given was that the negotiated fee was disappointing but let's hope any add ons or percentage sell on clauses compensate !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shrouded in secrecy as always ! The impression given was that the negotiated fee was disappointing but let's hope any add ons or percentage sell on clauses compensate !
IIRC it was said at the time to be about double what we would expect from a tribunal, i.e. very little rather than fark all. But at least it has add-ons:

The fee agreed is undisclosed at Fulham’s request. However, while it is more than what the club would likely get in an arbitration fee and also includes add-ons and sell on, it is below what Exeter City feel is Jay’s true value.

📝 Club statement: Jay Stansfield - News - Exeter City FC

Fulham described it as a "scholarship agreement" :mad:

Ash

Does anyone know what the club are likely to receive off the back of his success at Fulham?
Probably not a lot unless / until they sell him for 50 million.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jay back into, but obviously too good for, Fulham's U23 side. Scores 2 and assists a tap in for the other as Fulham beat Southampton U23s 3-0.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Andy_H

Adam will be looking down from that big changing room in the sky with a massive, proud grin on his face that his son has achieved so much, so young.

Brilliant.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adam will be looking down from that big changing room in the sky with a massive, proud grin on his face that his son has achieved so much, so young.

Brilliant.
All Grecians will either be grinning or have a slight tear in their eyes OR BOTH ! Come on Adam - you are more than ONE OF OUR OWN !

jrg333

All Grecians will either be grinning or have a slight tear in their eyes OR BOTH ! Come on Adam - you are more than ONE OF OUR OWN !
Not this one. I never got to see him play and it sounds like we got the bad end of the deal with Fulham, so no, I don't particularly care how his career pans out. I sympathise with anyone who loses a father in their childhood but as for being 'one of our own,' seems like he left at the earliest opportunity, which is a very low bar in terms of loyalty.

One of our own? Only until he got a slightly better offer. And only after leaving the club feeling like the losers of the deal with Fulham.

Jeff Wood

Not this one. I never got to see him play and it sounds like we got the bad end of the deal with Fulham, so no, I don't particularly care how his career pans out. I sympathise with anyone who loses a father in their childhood but as for being 'one of our own,' seems like he left at the earliest opportunity, which is a very low bar in terms of loyalty.

One of our own? Only until he got a slightly better offer. And only after leaving the club feeling like the losers of the deal with Fulham.
Agree with most of the above especially as it’s the one recent deal we didn’t get a decent cut out of.
But I entirely get it for Jay - if he had stayed with us and broken through he would have been continually referenced to his father and that would have got incredibly tiresome for him if not outright distressing.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has scored.