• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

SimonBB

Dan Ageyi - Oxford

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
So if MT says there will be one or two in that must mean today?

Red Devon

Dan Ageyi - Oxford
Played regularly up until Christmas only two goals in the Papa John‘s though

Banksy

So if MT says there will be one or two in that must mean today?
So when does the window close?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
So when does the window close?
January 31st at 11pm I believe

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone in on the final day, there might be a player out there we are keen to bring in, he will probably sit tight to weigh up his options and see if anyone else comes in for him and sign for us on the final day if nothing better comes along.

DB9

I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone in on the final day, there might be a player out there we are keen to bring in, he will probably sit tight to weigh up his options and see if anyone else comes in for him and sign for us on the final day if nothing better comes along.
Can't wait for that player then, Signs for us because nothing "Better" came along, He'd be really committed then.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't wait for that player then, Signs for us because nothing "Better" came along, He'd be really committed then.
I think that's the reality. I think you'd be surprised how many players we have signed who in an ideal world would have signed elsewhere if the options were available, that's football.

If you are (for example) Sam Baldock, now out of contract and ECFC come calling with an offer of 1800 pw, he's hardly going to snap our hands off, he will hold fire and wait for a bigger fish to come and offer him a better deal - obvious really.

DB9

I think that's the reality. I think you'd be surprised how many players we have signed who in an ideal world would have signed elsewhere if the options were available, that's football.

If you are (for example) Sam Baldock, now out of contract and ECFC come calling with an offer of 1800 pw, he's hardly going to snap our hands off, he will hold fire and wait for a bigger fish to come and offer him a better deal - obvious really.
A choice between being without a club and no income or £1800 pw? Blimey footballers are really thick then. Yet we as fans are expected to back and support a player who signed because nothing better came along?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
A choice between being without a club and no income or £1800 pw? Blimey footballers are really thick then. Yet we as fans are expected to back and support a player who signed because nothing better came along?
I'm not sure why this seems to be news?

MT said repeatedly in the summer window that multiple contract offers had gone out and the players were assessing their options. Fair enough, isn't it? If you had a job offer and were likely to get others, wouldn't you wait a few days and choose the one that suits you and your family best? We need to remember for footballers it's a job.