• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamal Blackman

ExmouthMart

“……….We’re under no illusion where Jamal wants to be in 12 months time.” KMT on signing Blackman last year. I bet he didn’t think Burton Albion though! Yet another player that goes wherever for the highest wage on offer. Hopefully that ends the old chestnut about signing for Exeter for the alternative lifestyle etc. and it’s not just about money blah, blah…. It’s always about money. Blackman is the epitome of a journeyman and probably did very well financially out of us. He was always just passing through. Next……

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
“……….We’re under no illusion where Jamal wants to be in 12 months time.” KMT on signing Blackman last year. I bet he didn’t think Burton Albion though! Yet another player that goes wherever for the highest wage on offer. Hopefully that ends the old chestnut about signing for Exeter for the alternative lifestyle etc. and it’s not just about money blah, blah…. It’s always about money. Blackman is the epitome of a journeyman and probably did very well financially out of us. He was always just passing through. Next……
All players are about the money hence why we're always struggling to sign them.

Bridgy 81

You make it sound as if there’s something wrong with that.
If you have a skill, which is only likely to be in demand until sometime in your 30s, I think most of us would want to maximize our earnings whilst we had the chance.
Maybe you’re different, or think footballers should be?

denzel

Where are Burton getting their money from though?

ExmouthMart

All players are about the money hence why we're always struggling to sign them.
That’s my point. Although a lot of people on here don’t see it like that. Hopefully if there is similar wages available we can get better value long term elsewhere.

Grecian Max

I thought he was class between the sticks. Not without his faults, but Cam aside, one of the best we've had in quite a few years.
I didn't say he was bad, I said he wasn't worth the cash we chucked at him in a panic after MT had a bad window

tom_ecfc

Where are Burton getting their money from though?

ExmouthMart

You make it sound as if there’s something wrong with that.
If you have a skill, which is only likely to be in demand until sometime in your 30s, I think most of us would want to maximize our earnings whilst we had the chance.
Maybe you’re different, or think footballers should be?
There isn’t anything wrong with that. You have to pay the going rate if you want the better players. The number of times you read about ‘League Two Players’ and we can do better than that on here is unbelievable. We signed Blackman because we paid what he wanted. So let’s hope we can keep doing that going forward.

ExmouthMart

I didn't say he was bad, I said he wasn't worth the cash we chucked at him in a panic after MT had a bad window
Heresy!! KMT never did anything wrong……

gilbertshoot

Gone for a Burton