• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Tagg actually the problem at ECFC?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Edward's post 31 above sets out the appropriate business and governance structure that the Trust should put in place. We should be working forward from that.

Colesman Ballz

An excellent post, and I agree with every word you have uttered..........but it wont happen will it ?
For starters, what is needed is for a minimum of 8 good people to stand for election for the seven vacancies on the Trust Board. This triggers a proper election and importantly the necessity of Hustings.

Then a number of very pertinent questions can be asked of the candidates on their position on restructuring, breaking the stranglehold that the "Unholy Trinity" has on the Club, and Trust members can use their votes appropriately.

"Trexit" can start here, if members shake off the apathy, and get their act together ! ;)

Terryhall

Correct - the key thing here is for more than 7 candidates to stand for the election - without that, as I understand it, there is no election process and no opportunity to put relevant questions to the candidates.

I cannot stand as I am not in the UK and cannot attend the meetings - however I would be more than willing to offer myself up as the "supporter" for anyone who does want to put their name forward and has not been able to canvass the other Trust members for support. To me it is critical that as many people as want to stand, are able to stand, and we can then debate the issues with the candidates through a democratic process.

Pete Martin (CTID)

.... the key thing here is for more than 7 candidates to stand for the election
Indeed. Just 0.25% of the total membership. Is that too much to ask?

PeteUSA

Quite apart from the efforts of Mr Ballz and you Terry, I think that what you're trying to promote needs a wider audience than exeweb. Many fans appear to be doing their talking by staying away from games, not investing in a season ticket as they normally do and things of that nature. They wont know all that much about whats going on at the club, and they certainly wont find out through the media when the club seems to have the E&E in its pocket. I would have thought something like handing out leaflets about the club board concerns would be the way to go, and you can guarantee the E&E will carry that story. Unless there's a law now that I dont know about, surely peacefully dishing out leaflets outside the ground on matchdays would be the way to go to raise much needed awareness? Theres no suggestion of pressure or unseemly language needed regarding approaching paying punters at the gate. IMHO I cant see any other way you'll raise the awareness thats needed without something of the leaflet nature.

Leyster

Haven't read through the whole thread yet.
But here is my opinion.

How can it not be tagg's fault. Yes tisdale is partly to blame but tagg sets the budget.

Here is a list of all players I can think of in positions in and out.

Defenders
In: TAH, Sweeney.
Out: Mcallister, ribiero

Midfield
In: James
Out: Noble, Davies, Nicholls

Strikers
In: mcalinden, Simpson
Out: Stockley, Morrison.

So on this basis the budget has decreased quite drastically.
Have seen interviews with tisdale saying the budget is full etc.

So after 1.6 million for grimes, 250k for nichols and the Liverpool games which must have earned us 500k.
How could our budget have got smaller?
New Land rover for tagg?

Haven't read through the whole thread yet.
But here is my opinion.

How can it not be tagg's fault. Yes tisdale is partly to blame but tagg sets the budget.

Here is a list of all players I can think of in positions in and out.

Defenders
In: TAH, Sweeney.
Out: Mcallister, ribiero

Midfield
In: James
Out: Noble, Davies, Nicholls

Strikers
In: mcalinden, Simpson
Out: Stockley, Morrison.

So on this basis the budget has decreased quite drastically.
Have seen interviews with tisdale saying the budget is full etc.

So after 1.6 million for grimes, 250k for nichols and the Liverpool games which must have earned us 500k.
How could our budget have got smaller?
New Land rover for tagg?
If Taggy wants to buy himself a new Landrover thats entirely a matter for him - he has more than enough money away from the club to do what he wants - this is a red herring!

The fact is if its anything like last season - a budget is set - the manager exceeds it - the club management post rationalise it as an agreed overspend - and the team flops despite the overspend!

And then no one becomes accountable for anything! The manager gives a load of flannel - his manager (Tagg) shrugs his shoulders - the board including Trust members do nothing !

This has gone on for years! The Grimes and TV money will be frittered away - yes good investment in the academy and training facilities - dire 1st team performances - this will only continue with Tis/Tagg combo

Leyster

How much are we saying youth investment costs?

We all say how wonderful our youth team is etc. But when did we bring in a player from a distance away.

All our players I can recall were already local.
Nichols
Moxey
Friend
Watkins
Grimes
Pym
Goss
Ellis

To name a few.

When did our youth academy actually attract someone from 100 miles away.

Could say our youth is good or you could say we have got lucky that we have had talented players on our door step.

Tagg buying a new Land rover is fine, but my point is.
What happened to the days of no one on the board earning a penny, doing things for the love of the club etc.

The fact they never want to publish a proper version of accounts says everything you need to know about how trustworthy our board actually is.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
If your club is run by amateurs, eventually it will become amateur.

And why would you expect us to secure youngsters from outside our area?!? Is hard enough to attract professional players, let alone kids on £2.20 and breakfast. Be reasonable. The fact our academy is producing first team players year on year is something to be proud of.

There are many issues with the club, but the youth isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
How much are we saying youth investment costs?

We all say how wonderful our youth team is etc. But when did we bring in a player from a distance away.

All our players I can recall were already local.
Nichols
Moxey
Friend
Watkins
Grimes
Pym
Goss
Ellis

To name a few.

When did our youth academy actually attract someone from 100 miles away.

Could say our youth is good or you could say we have got lucky that we have had talented players on our door step.

Tagg buying a new Land rover is fine, but my point is.
What happened to the days of no one on the board earning a penny, doing things for the love of the club etc.

The fact they never want to publish a proper version of accounts says everything you need to know about how trustworthy our board actually is.
Aside from the top clubs thanks to EPPPPPPP, which clubs EVER had youth products that weren't from the locality?