• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it feasible

grecianstew

It is safe now if you are under 50 and in good health.

As long as there is sensible social distancing in the stands then fans can return for next season.
So is this your opinion or Government opinion? I haven't seen any announcement of this nature yet.
At the end of the day the Government opinion is the only one that matters. We may have ours, the club may have theirs. Only Cummings / Johnson can change anything.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So is this your opinion or Government opinion? I haven't seen any announcement of this nature yet.
At the end of the day the Government opinion is the only one that matters. We may have ours, the club may have theirs. Only Cummings / Johnson can change anything.
The club's duty of care will mean that they will be cautious. probably no refreshment huts. Not sure about toilets or turnstiles.

Boyo

Without wanting to get political, the people generally don't trust Johnson and Cummings either. Only half of pubs across England opened on Saturday and most were pretty quiet. Many people are not comfortable returning to pubs yet. One suspects the same rationale will apply to football. When the Government announce it's ok to return to stadiums and when people feel comfortable actually returning, will likely be two very different dates.

grecianstew

Beg your pardon, i probably wasn't clear. What i meant was that we won't be able to have spectators in advance of any Government announcement. Yes, we are certainly at liberty not to open even if we are given the go ahead.

Legohead

Banned
It is safe now if you are under 50 and in good health.

As long as there is sensible social distancing in the stands then fans can return for next season.
Not quite but I see your point.

How many of us are over 50 though? I suspect a significant number of fans who would have attended who maybe won't attend until it is safe. The younger fans are likely to have less expendable income to spend on a matchday and regular attendance thus another problem is created financially for the club.

Legohead

Banned
When do you all expect the season to actually start then and with / without fans from the off? It seems that socially, things are moving quite quickly in terms of getting back to normal so i don't know how 'normal' things will be by the time a new season starts.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure about toilets or turnstiles.
That would be me & a few others out if it were no toilets 😎.

Clubs can only do so much.It will be up to the individual if they want to go to a ground & be among a crowd.

I don’t think a half way option will work.

i8cornwall

Not quite but I see your point.

How many of us are over 50 though? I suspect a significant number of fans who would have attended who maybe won't attend until it is safe. The younger fans are likely to have less expendable income to spend on a matchday and regular attendance thus another problem is created financially for the club.
This is probably very accurate, if also factor in some younger fans will be sticking there two fingers up to the club after the play off final defeat for the beginning of the season anyway.

Personally I’m in my early 30’s and worked all the way through the lockdown, I’ve no kids or live with anyone in the high risk category so it’s a bit different for me. I’ll be out at a game as soon as I’m able to, That’s at any level to be honest and I’ll be out watching some cricket till football is back.

GJW

This is probably very accurate, if also factor in some younger fans will be sticking there two fingers up to the club after the play off final defeat for the beginning of the season anyway.
Really? Shame you can’t hear the way I say that word, but Really? One game. Really? I genuinely hope that wouldn’t be the case. Maybe I’m getting old.
Well, I will be there but would be wearing my ECFC face mask, of course.

redforever

I would rather wear a mask than not go at all.