• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment/takeover

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Noel Edmonds will come good? :)
Deal or no deal?????

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I'd love somebody loaded to come in and shake things up from top to bottom - the whole club is stale IMO

The trust has served its purpose and kept the club going - it's now time to move forwards because under the trust I can only ever really see sideways movement.

We've prob never been in a better financial position given the Grimes , Liverpool & Tom Nichols money

Silver fox

ohh i love a juicey story :), please tell :)
Yes please elaborate.

Mackster

Yes please elaborate.
Malc actually put in his own money to serve on the board, have any of the current incumbents?

ecfc70

Nothing good will come of Bristol rovers takeover in the long term. Mark my words.

The only people who will ever care about this club are the city fans themselves. Therefore it is obvious that the city fans should be the owners of the club. We have no ulterior motive unlike any potential sugar daddy.
Quite a bold statement, the chap that has taken over has already identified the need to sort out a new stadium which will no doubt come with every requirement for off field money making like corporate, weddings, parties, seminars, a gym and so on........sounds a bit like what's already going on at Sandy Park and nothing good is coming of that either is it?
Add the point that they are looking good for at least the play-offs this year and all the TV money, a possible trip to Wembley and i would say the future is looking bright for them

Then again you maybe right and it will all fall flat on its face like what happened down the road with the japanese but it's a chance they are willing to take as it seems they are not happy with just being another also-ran in the scramble for L2 mid-table obscurity

ecfc70

I'd love somebody loaded to come in and shake things up from top to bottom - the whole club is stale IMO

The trust has served its purpose and kept the club going - it's now time to move forwards because under the trust I can only ever really see sideways movement.

We've prob never been in a better financial position given the Grimes , Liverpool & Tom Nichols money
Agreed but as it's been said many times on these boards there are too many fingers in the pie that is ECFC for anyone to want to bother to even try and gain ownership from the club, the council, OTR or whatever its called, the trust plus whoever else.......as long as that gos on then nothing will happen as all of those are quite happy to keep taking their slice until the tray is just left with crumbs on it

fred binneys head

Malc actually put in his own money to serve on the board, have any of the current incumbents?
I could be wrong on this, but I also think he wrote off some or all of his debt - either as part of the CVA or separately or both. Can't remember the facts, but I think any criticism of malcolms's actions whilst on the board of ECFC should be taken in a very different context from any post-Trust-ownership directors.

Silver fox

Fair play, was just curious like.

sladie

Fair play, and tbh i model of what should be happening now

Malc, sorry if my post was a tad rude, funny how knowing a little more has changed my opinion, fair play, you know more about the inner workings than most (me inc) on here

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Genuine question as I wouldn't have a club but how much would the club cost to purchase ?