• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

International relations thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Another high profile Russian critic of the war has mysteriously died (Petr Kucherenko, the Deputy Science Minister).

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
What an absolute embarrassment for Russia that they cannot push out a couple of hundred men (at absolute most) who are instead taking more villages and just cruising around the Russian countryside, seemingly without a care in the World:

Average Joe

What an absolute embarrassment for Russia that they cannot push out a couple of hundred men (at absolute most) who are instead taking more villages and just cruising around the Russian countryside, seemingly without a care in the World:

I don't think this is an example of how weak Russia are, I think it's a testament to how good NATO' defense, training and armory is. Without NATO Russia would have walked this exercise.

Phil Sayers

Yesterday, three unmanned Ukrainian naval drones attacked a Russian spy ship in the Black Sea. Russia claimed it destroyed all three without damage to the ship, releasing video that there was no reason to question:

Today, further video has emerged which strongly suggests that the Russians were 'fibbing' when they said they destroyed all three:

If the explosion in the first video is any guide to go by then the drone in the second video will have done serious damage, in fact may have crippled the ship given that the impact is where ship engines are normally located.

Phil Sayers

The Russian air force trying to bomb a target in Russia a few days ago (border post was held by the insurgents at the time) but missing:

The Ukrainian air force using a UK supplied Storm Shadow missile tonight against a Russian target in Ukraine:

Phil Sayers

Karma can be such a person. Who would have thought that if you repeatedly re-traumatise people through pumping out numerous conspiracy theories about the deaths of their loved ones there might later be consequences? Not Alex Jones and not the Russians seemingly...

Phil Sayers

Various senior Ukrainian figures are strongly indicating that 'D Day'* is imminent. I don't think they would be doing that unless it really imminent because any advantage that can be gained through messing with Russian heads would be negated by frustration at building false expectations in the Ukrainian public and indeed in the West:

*D Day might not be quite the right description as I doubt Ukraine intends to attack in all directions at once. More likely, they have planned a series of intertwined operations and the first (or first few) of those is imminent.

DB9

Various senior Ukrainian figures are strongly indicating that 'D Day'* is imminent. I don't think they would be doing that unless it really imminent because any advantage that can be gained through messing with Russian heads would be negated by frustration at building false expectations in the Ukrainian public and indeed in the West:

*D Day might not be quite the right description as I doubt Ukraine intends to attack in all directions at once. More likely, they have planned a series of intertwined operations and the first (or first few) of those is imminent.
Wish there was a translation for that, Even in Ukrainian and me not understanding it, it sounded very inspiring, Good luck Ukraine. (y)

DB9

I know this is from 1944 but Eisenhower wrote this before our D-Day for the troops. Just seemed apt.1685188979627.png

Oldsmobile-88

Former US Secretary of State Dr Henry Kissinger is 100 (27th May)