• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In fairness to Artur....

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Oh dear , oh dear....

its a shocking error , add to that the one at sheff wed 2 games ago....basic goalkeeping errors.

IMO thats unacceptable for a pro.

UTC Big Bank

the error was completely and utterly unacceptable Artur has not been good enough since he has been with us FULL STOP. He lacks any consistency and clearly cannot deal with the pressure of basic goalkeeping tasks, christ I used to think Jones was bad! It all comes down to this: do we think Pidge would have made the same mistake? IMO absolutely not and lets be honest its not Arturs first time, in the JPT Argyle game and the league home game against Argyle he made errors which could have cost us the game but got lucky and from perfomances this season and last (huddersfield at home comes to mind) he has proven he should not be number 1!

FAN-TATIC

We did actually. Take that mistake out of the game and the result would have been 1-1.
And if Artur had not saved that point blank header the result would have been 1-3. However, if their keeper had not pushed BJ's pile driver around the post the score would have been 2-3. However, if ...................... and so on and so forth.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
And if Artur had not saved that point blank header the result would have been 1-3. However, if their keeper had not pushed BJ's pile driver around the post the score would have been 2-3. However, if ...................... and so on and so forth.
exactled , a basic error is a basic error & it cost City another goal , how many times is Kyrsiak gonna keep making them before Tisdale takes note ?....

I actully feel for Kyrsiak at the moment - he's been getting some serious stick , but its part and parcel.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
exactled , a basic error is a basic error & it cost City another goal , how many times is Kyrsiak gonna keep making them before Tisdale takes note ?....

I actully feel for Kyrsiak at the moment - he's been getting some serious stick , but its part and parcel.
While I can agree that basic mistakes are unacceptable, and I ain't a fan of the headless chicken, how many times has a midfielder sliced the ball straight to an opponent, or a defender put the ball out for a throw-in instead of finding a team-mate, or a winger hoofed the ball out of play, or a striker spooned one over the bar from 8 yards...

Problem is, when a goalkeeper makes a mistake, it will usually end up as a goal.

Banksy

the error was completely and utterly unacceptable Artur has not been good enough since he has been with us FULL STOP. He lacks any consistency and clearly cannot deal with the pressure of basic goalkeeping tasks, christ I used to think Jones was bad! It all comes down to this: do we think Pidge would have made the same mistake? IMO absolutely not and lets be honest its not Arturs first time, in the JPT Argyle game and the league home game against Argyle he made errors which could have cost us the game but got lucky and from perfomances this season and last (huddersfield at home comes to mind) he has proven he should not be number 1!
How's that , surely the Pidge was the keeper for that game , not Artur, and redeemed a useless City performance with his penalty saves?

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
How's that , surely the Pidge was the keeper for that game , not Artur, and redeemed a useless City performance with his penalty saves?
Don't let those facts get in the way of Artur-bating ^o)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Er, I believe he was referring to last season's JPT game, when the headless chicken needlessly ran out of his area and was caught out.

Banksy

Er, I believe he was referring to last season's JPT game, when the headless chicken needlessly ran out of his area and was caught out.
Oh sorry !:$

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen the 'high lights' hmmm, on grecian player, and arturs mistake, imo,aint that much to worry about,it is very easily rectified, if a players near when he receives the ball in future, i'm sure he will just hoof it clear, lesson learnt . But I'm still worried about his other decision making. but hey ho its over to piddles we will go, probably?