• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'm back...

felix

Got to say I've been impressed by Adams, built a fairly average team around Carey, stood his ground when things looked grim, ad managed to turn that ugly team into a winning unit. Good job he never landed Wheeler or they might actually have a chance this season.
At the time Wheeler would have been a great acquisition but he was never an (500k) option. He also would not fit in with the current style: Carey and Lameiras playing fairly narrow and buzzing around Taylor who is holding up and laying off to them. Lameiras has meant that putting two on Carey isn't an option. Once one of these two get in the box they are virtually untouchable with their quick feet and skill. Wheeler is/was more of a Jervis type player who we got rid of as he didn't fit the new formation.

I don't think we will make play-off but after our horrific start this has been a great season.

I am serious in wondering whether your hierarchy want promotion. It's a comfortable life for them in upper mid table league 2. The last time you got to league 1 after one good season it all spiralled downhill.

I worry about us in the same way should we somehow get back into the Championship. Our current team cost less (in transfer fees) than yours (Stockley) and the vast majority (if not all) of the Championship teams have phenomenally expensive squads. This is what did for us last time.

But your lot should have the resources to seriously push for and aim to stay in league 1 (Wheeler, Ampadu (eventually)). I get the impression even the trust have settled for league 2 anonymity.

C'mon Greeks, mobilise.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to say I've been impressed by Adams, built a fairly average team around Carey, stood his ground when things looked grim, ad managed to turn that ugly team into a winning unit. Good job he never landed Wheeler or they might actually have a chance this season.
Wheeler and Stockley they might even have been champions , heaven forbid.True what you say though , credit where credit's due.

Banksy

P.s , after yesterday's 1-0 away win and one point off the playoff spots , I guess it won't be long before our feline friend is back on here purring.

felix

P.s , after yesterday's 1-0 away win and one point off the playoff spots , I guess it won't be long before our feline friend is back on here purring.
Purrrrrr!

Actually, not here to gloat (for once).

Went to the building site yesterday to see the beautiful game that my Greek friends tell me is played by the proper chaps in red and white.

All I can say is "what the **** has happened"?

It seems Tisfail has decided if the pitch is poor then we'll make sure the ball doesn't touch it. At the start of the season I nearly backed you lot to win the league. First time I've seen Stockley since he headed over from a yard out against us. Sorry guys bring back Steve Flack.

Boateng not starting?

Is Lloyd James really a pro footballer?

Mansfield managed to play OK on the carp pitch but it seems Tis sent your guys out with a negative mind set from the start.

Out thought, out fought and out played and I don't really blame the players.

Although you may not believe it, I used to enjoy watching you lot play but yesterday was dire.

Banksy

You do appear to be heading for a purrfect end to the season , we , on the other hand ,look as if we are about to get neutered.
But there's many a slip tween the cat bowl and lip.

grecian55

Purrrrrr!

Actually, not here to gloat (for once).

Went to the building site yesterday to see the beautiful game that my Greek friends tell me is played by the proper chaps in red and white.

All I can say is "what the **** has happened"?

It seems Tisfail has decided if the pitch is poor then we'll make sure the ball doesn't touch it. At the start of the season I nearly backed you lot to win the league. First time I've seen Stockley since he headed over from a yard out against us. Sorry guys bring back Steve Flack.

Boateng not starting?

Is Lloyd James really a pro footballer?

Mansfield managed to play OK on the carp pitch but it seems Tis sent your guys out with a negative mind set from the start.

Out thought, out fought and out played and I don't really blame the players.

Although you may not believe it, I used to enjoy watching you lot play but yesterday was dire.
Are you ill Felix ? this is probably the best post you've ever put up on these boards ,and full of truth too ,it was dire yesterday from start to finish .

graiser

He’s got Cat Flu so be gentle with him (worry)

Avening Posse

As much as it grates, that is an extraordinary turnaround by that lot down the road, have they ever hard a run of form like the current one in their entire history ?

Colesman Ballz

As much as it grates, that is an extraordinary turnaround by that lot down the road, have they ever hard a run of form like the current one in their entire history ?
It will take them a while to respond to that AP, not renowned for memories of facts and figures that lot down there, nor for much else either !

graiser

Wish you boys would make your minds up, you normally have a pop if we turn up here when we’re winning, so we’re just being gracious.
Enjoying the ride for the moment and no I don’t think we’ve had a run like this at all.