• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haven't the rules for "sharing the spoils" been changed this season with the Home club now getting all the money ? :unsure:
I think that's not correct, now each club keeps all the money from all the passes they sell - last season it was just the first 500. Found this on Google. Andy Holt is as usuall pretty forthright on the subject.

Streaming is EFL’s latest battle – big clubs could prosper as others fall behind - The Athletic

As usual, the VAT goes straight out the door.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that's not correct, now each club keeps all the money from all the passes they sell - last season it was just the first 500. Found this on Google. Andy Holt is as usuall pretty forthright on the subject.

Streaming is EFL’s latest battle – big clubs could prosper as others fall behind - The Athletic

As usual, the VAT goes straight out the door.
I'm sorry but putting up articles that are behind a paywall is not particularly useful. :cry:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sorry but putting up articles that are behind a paywall is not particularly useful. :cry:
It wasn't behind a paywall when I read it. I just googled "do the away club get ifollow revenue 2022/23" and it came up as the third item, which I was able to read and copy. Try it?

If that doesn't work send me a message.

iscalad

It wasn't behind a paywall when I read it. I just googled "do the away club get ifollow revenue 2022/23" and it came up as the third item, which I was able to read and copy. Try it?

If that doesn't work send me a message.
Nope, wants me to pay £1 a week to access.
Don't worry about it.

denzel

Its 1 pound a month.

A good article, a few observations.

I can see why Andy Holt doesn't like it. If Accrington play Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night, he gets 100% of the gate receipts, but I suspect less than 10% of the ifollow income. But if it was changed to the home side getting it all I don't think that would be fair either, and would result in a few people not bothering if they know their tenner goes towards the opposition. His 50/50 suggestion sounds about right.

The income doesn't look great to me, if Bradford make 200k a season I suspect we are less than 100k, I had hoped it was a bit more given how many people watch it, which is suspect a lot more than 10,000 per season across all games.

Should more clubs be looking to set up their own if they can make it work better? I wonder if this is something to give serious thought to

iscalad

Its 1 pound a month.

A good article, a few observations.

I can see why Andy Holt doesn't like it. If Accrington play Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night, he gets 100% of the gate receipts, but I suspect less than 10% of the ifollow income. But if it was changed to the home side getting it all I don't think that would be fair either, and would result in a few people not bothering if they know their tenner goes towards the opposition. His 50/50 suggestion sounds about right.

The income doesn't look great to me, if Bradford make 200k a season I suspect we are less than 100k, I had hoped it was a bit more given how many people watch it, which is suspect a lot more than 10,000 per season across all games.

Should more clubs be looking to set up their own if they can make it work better? I wonder if this is something to give serious thought to
Introductory offer is £2.49 for a month. Anyway John has kindly sent me the article.

denzel

Introductory offer is £2.49 for a month. Anyway John has kindly sent me the article.
Well I have literally just paid £1.

DawlishBouy

You can alter certain settings in your web browser that will enable you to read all articles in The Athletic without subscribing. If you can’t work that out you can do what John William did - access the article from a google link rather than the direct link and you can read it.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting article.Could be the beginning of the end for IFollow.Clubs breaking away from them will only increase.I can see why they are increasing the options of what they offer.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting article.Could be the beginning of the end for IFollow.Clubs breaking away from them will only increase.I can see why they are increasing the options of what they offer.
It's no surprise. They make it as hard as possible to actually sit down comfortably and watch at home. They should have an app on smart tvs by now or at the very least make casting from the app on your smart phone to your TV possible.