• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

wiveygrecian

It looks around a minus 300 difference....Could be a few other factors in that number,but definitely a negative effect unsurprisingly.

If you took a average £11 ticket yield across the board,that’s around £3,300 down on the gate receipts.Of course that has to be balanced against the increased ifollow income.
It would be interesting to see the ifollow number for the FGR game.
Have I missed something here , as I thought ifollow were only showing midweek matches to keep the attendances up on a Saturday?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have I missed something here , as I thought ifollow were only showing midweek matches to keep the attendances up on a Saturday?
For international weekends the ban is lifted Jim.

I assume it was yesterday ?

andrew p long

Have I missed something here , as I thought ifollow were on showing midweek matches to keep the attendances up on a Saturday?
I thought the same; however ifollow shows EFL games at 3pm on Saturdays when there is an international break. Others have tracked down the rules that confirm this ; the logic for EFL clubs attendances of allowing ifollow coverage yesterday but not on other Saturdays continues to escape me.

(I tried to flag up on the MTD that there was ifollow coverage yesterday for those of us who live too far away to attend)

wiveygrecian

Thanks for the replies , I’ve got to say though the attendance yesterday looked more than 4008 ! I guessed 4500! 100 FGR fans didn’t make it due to traffic but even then wouldn’t be much higher

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It looks around a minus 300 difference....Could be a few other factors in that number,but definitely a negative effect unsurprisingly.

If you took a average £11 ticket yield across the board,that’s around £3,300 down on the gate receipts.Of course that has to be balanced against the increased ifollow income.
It would be interesting to see the ifollow number for the FGR game.
The transport issues may have taken a few off the gate, especially if the alternative to a nightmare train or car journey was to be able to watch the game on-line. I also think a few fans would have been gone to the Bristol Rovers game because they are a relatively big name and knowing that a full away end would create a decent atmosphere; despite being top of the table Forest Green are just not as attractive to the floating fan. It's also to soon to know what the long-term effects of covid are going to be on attendances.

andrew p long

so for diaries and planning, there will be ifollow coverage at 3pm on the following Saturdays this season

9 October - away to Stevenage

13 November - home to Oldham

26 March - home to Stevenage

Bit unlucky for City to cop it for 3 home games out of four! IIRC the club didn't plug the ifollow coverage last week, presumably because of the feared impact on attendances

Bridgy 81

so for diaries and planning, there will be ifollow coverage at 3pm on the following Saturdays this season

9 October - away to Stevenage

13 November - home to Oldham

26 March - home to Stevenage

Bit unlucky for City to cop it for 3 home games out of four! IIRC the club didn't plug the ifollow coverage last week, presumably because of the feared impact on attendances
Two chances to see Kyle Taylor v Jake Taylor.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Two chances to see Kyle Taylor v Jake Taylor.
That'll be Taylor-made!

*I'll get me coat......

older-codger

Have to say that now being exiled it was great to watch live rather than on Sunday morning. At least the club received my subscription when they wouldn't have received my entrance money anyway.

denzel

Thanks for the replies , I’ve got to say though the attendance yesterday looked more than 4008 ! I guessed 4500! 100 FGR fans didn’t make it due to traffic but even then wouldn’t be much higher
4000 looked about right to me. More room on the Bank than the Rovers game