• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

tom_ecfc

We've come a long way since Sturtz and Co constructed the original Bank!

View attachment 15126
Looks like we could be going full circle with fans watching from the jungle corner again! 👀

SidwellOldboy

I’m sure it will have been answered here before..but why aren‘t the sides of the big bank ‘boxed in’.. I’m sure it would help the atmosphere and projection of noise towards the pitch..?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m sure it will have been answered here before..but why aren‘t the sides of the big bank ‘boxed in’.. I’m sure it would help the atmosphere and projection of noise towards the pitch..?
Cost....

Andy Holloway

plus structural restrictions, it would make the BB a bit like a plastic bag in the wind. That is the opinion of somebody who has looked into it, not mine.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fairly sure that, even if it did work to a degree, a cost-benefit analysis would show that the cost would far outweigh the benefits.

SidwellOldboy

Fairly sure that, even if it did work to a degree, a cost-benefit analysis would show that the cost would far outweigh the benefits.
Can you put a price on a dryer/louder 12th man! Thanks for all above answers, have often been surprised at how little the big bank noise carries to other stands and considered open sides a factor.

Grecian Max

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 10.03.49.png
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 10.03.41.png

The Shay was built around the same time as the bank so we have a lot in common with the two terraced stands

I suspect the wind excuse is so that can just be buried and moved on - as far as I'm aware this has never been properly looked into?

The benefit to having sides would be big IMO, the sounds often get lost

elginCity

Can you put a price on a dryer/louder 12th man! Thanks for all above answers, have often been surprised at how little the big bank noise carries to other stands and considered open sides a factor.
The prevailing southwesterlies often don’t help !

iscalad

View attachment 15146
View attachment 15147

The Shay was built around the same time as the bank so we have a lot in common with the two terraced stands

I suspect the wind excuse is so that can just be buried and moved on - as far as I'm aware this has never been properly looked into?

The benefit to having sides would be big IMO, the sounds often get lost
Why isn't the side panelling all the way down the side?

Grecian Max

Why isn't the side panelling all the way down the side?
Doesn't need to be, it's all we ask on the Bank