• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rules and regulations. It isn’t about the square footage available, it’s about the number, size and locations of exits and stairways. Basically capacity is all about how quickly and safely you can evacuate, not about how many you can fit in.
I can understood evacuation being an issue on the big bank but to my non-expert eye it would seem less of a constraining factor in the away end.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It'd be interesting to see the home attendance for each game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It took ages for the Big Bank to empty yesterday after the game.

Boyo

This is an interesting document that sheds some light on the factors involved in determining capacity in a stadium http://felixstowefootball.co.uk/images/Stadium_Capacity_assessment.pdf

Gordon Dale

Last season we averaged 6,846 (x23=157,458 total).
This season we have averaged 6,693 (x20=133,860 total)
With 3 games to go we need 23,598 to exceed last season so 7,866 over the final 3 games. Todays game will be a sell out home and away, the oxford game probably will be as well. I wouldn't expect much that Stevenage game to be quite so attractive but if they still have play offs to play for their away following might be boosted to help.
With season ticket prices frozen for next year hopefully we could increase on this season's sales numbers, could we get to 7k+ average next year?!
Is it likely that, with six wins in twenty one home matches and a dearth of goals, season ticket sales for next season will rise?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rules and regulations. It isn’t about the square footage available, it’s about the number, size and locations of exits and stairways. Basically capacity is all about how quickly and safely you can evacuate, not about how many you can fit in.
Same applies to pubs, bars and entertainment venues.
Also, all the fat barstewards.:p

Antony Moxey

I can understood evacuation being an issue on the big bank but to my non-expert eye it would seem less of a constraining factor in the away end.
They’ve still got to be able to empty it completely. Because it’s a stepped terrace there’ll be some form of barrier at the ends as there is along the back. If you’re stood behind the goal then you have to go towards the front then along to the ends to get out - put a thousand in there and it’s not such a quick evac. I think too that evacuating onto the pitch doesn’t count, it has to be out of the ground completely.

DawlishBouy

It'd be interesting to see the home attendance for each game.

Attachments

elginCity

Charlton 'sold out' the away end yesterday, yet Pompey brought over a 100 more on their visit. Is it tickets sold or clicks through the turnstile ?

flakey pasty

Didn’t know that. Interesting.