• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng - League Two Goal of the Season

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t get the love in on here over Grimes too.
Bugger Grimes too. Theres another one who has a dedicated thread on here all to himself! As long as we've had all the TRANCHES we're due for him he's ancient history for me.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t get the love in on here over Grimes too.
Matt Grimes is one of our own; Exeter born and bred and an Academy product. What more reasons could you want to follow his career with interest.

burtiew

Now in the lead 32-31 ... and we want him to win because he scored it as a City player ... it was an ECFC goal and if he goes he will be remembered, by me at least, as someone who contributed positively to my home town club ... don't blame him for wanting to progress and ensure his future financially, we have all had to work for people we didn't like or didn't want to at some stage of our careers!!

Temporarily Exiled

On the most minute level, because this truly is:
– It demonstrates support for our players
– It shows what we as a football club are capable of
– It does make Hiram look good, but if he goes on to better things that's far better for us than if he struggles.
– When Sky show it on TV, they won't think "wow, that Boateng goal", they'll think "wow, that Exeter goal".

All this goes out the window if he signs for Argyle.