• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Help needed

uncle buck

Hi not sure if this is the right place to put this but after sending numerous emails with no reply I wanted some info and prices of hiring the function room for a party in September with catering does anybody have any idea on prices ,it does make me wonder if we want any business at all trying to make contact with anyone at the club is near on impossible many thanks in advance

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi not sure if this is the right place to put this but after sending numerous emails with no reply I wanted some info and prices of hiring the function room for a party in September with catering does anybody have any idea on prices ,it does make me wonder if we want any business at all trying to make contact with anyone at the club is near on impossible many thanks in advance
I suggested outsourcing the catering contract as one of the financing sources for Plan B. Centreplate have handed out millions to Clubs in the past few years. Even a club like Swindon are being paid £13m on a fixed term contract (from memory I think it was 10 years).

Can you imagine a firm like Centreplate, with that type of agreement, not paying heed to emails?!! It can only happen at Exeter City.

uncle buck

The thing is rightwing as a life long city fan I like to do my bit and give the club some business if I can, but I am trying to arrange a party for the wife's 50th in September with family and friends coming from other parts of the country and over seas I thought it would be nice to show case my football club,but try getting hold of someone at the club is a real headache and e mails are a complete waste of time it really does make me wonder if the eye has been taken off the ball with the grimes money and the club feel comfortable,I have contacted other venues and some of them have got back me within hours of sending an e mail,I know we have volunteers manning some posts but where things like conferencing,corporate and events that bring money into the club on a regular basis then that department should be run by paid experienced employees in the field of hospitality

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing is rightwing as a life long city fan I like to do my bit and give the club some business if I can, but I am trying to arrange a party for the wife's 50th in September with family and friends coming from other parts of the country and over seas I thought it would be nice to show case my football club,but try getting hold of someone at the club is a real headache and e mails are a complete waste of time it really does make me wonder if the eye has been taken off the ball with the grimes money and the club feel comfortable,I have contacted other venues and some of them have got back me within hours of sending an e mail,I know we have volunteers manning some posts but where things like conferencing,corporate and events that bring money into the club on a regular basis then that department should be run by paid experienced employees in the field of hospitality
I'm pretty sure that conferencing and catering is 'run' by fulltime paid people.

Last edited:

uncle buck

Really ? must say if they are then they leave a lot to be desired in running a business that is looking for profit margins

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really ? must say if they are then they leave a lot to be desired in running a business that is looking for profit margins
Hence my plea to have the catering outsourced........even if they don't run with Plan B.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I presume you've gone to the Official Site > Commercial > Conferencing and either used the phone number advertised or completed the dedicated Contact Form?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I presume you've gone to the Official Site > Commercial > Conferencing and either used the phone number advertised or completed the dedicated Contact Form?
There's always somebody who comes on and presents what appears to be 'the right and proper way' to make inquiries at the club. The club is never at fault is it?

Whether or not uncle buck has used the correct approach or not, his emails shouldnt go unanswered. Tagg reckons he comes on here when he's depressed or needs cheering up (or words to that effect). I would suggest that he goes ahead and does the job he's paid to do, but I dont know what that is, and I'm not altogether sure he does.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
There's always somebody who comes on and presents what appears to be 'the right and proper way' to make inquiries at the club. The club is never at fault is it? ...
Au contraire, munchkin. uncle buck has provided very little information. It might be that he has the wrong email address, it might be that he's mistyped the address, it might be that they are caught in a spam filter, it might be that he hasn't got the correct phone number, it might be ... etc bleddy etc. By trying to confirm the contact route he has - or hasn't - followed allows others more knowledgeable than I to assist.
So you can take your ill thought out, brain dead, myopic, penis infatuated, deluded assumptions and stick them up your derriere.
If you don't mind me saying.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
See that Rae's knicker elastic has finally snapped... :D

My first thought on reading this; check the correct email address has been used.