• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hello Dion Rankine

Mid Devon Grecian

The shot against the side netting was hilarious, no chance was he scoring from that angle - had a good view of it

Can't cross, dribbles around players and holds onto the ball too long

Underneath this there might be a player to work with but he looks no different to how he started the season
Compare and contrast him to Vil & Harris.

Vil likely to be player of the season and Harris is improving at a rate of knots IMO

ryancooper327

The shot against the side netting was hilarious, no chance was he scoring from that angle - had a good view of it

Can't cross, dribbles around players and holds onto the ball too long

Underneath this there might be a player to work with but he looks no different to how he started the season
Probably best it didn’t go in, the Stevenage players would have imploded. They gave up after the ball deflated rather than play to the whistle.

And I echo your point that he has not improved as the season has gone on. Probably not the ideal outcome of a loan!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably best it didn’t go in, the Stevenage players would have imploded. They gave up after the ball deflated rather than play to the whistle.

And I echo your point that he has not improved as the season has gone on. Probably not the ideal outcome of a loan!
Sorry don’t agree I think he has improved totally committed works hard and it will be very interesting to see what we are able to do in loan market next.

shame that the two Finish players will be parted and it is going to be very difficult finding a keeper to replace the ever dependable and solid performing Vil so 🤞

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry don’t agree I think he has improved totally committed works hard and it will be very interesting to see what we are able to do in loan market next.

shame that the two Finish players will be parted and it is going to be very difficult finding a keeper to replace the ever dependable and solid performing Vil so 🤞
SB, I like Dion he has a nice smile and looked good on the surfing video (sorry I jest). But as a forward player has scored what one goal and assisted less than that iirc. They aren't stats that smack of successful imo

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'd work hard and be committed. I wouldn't have an end product either.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
His early season injury had him really hit the buffer after an exciting start. I see why some don’t fancy him, but he looks so much more dangerous than anyone else we’ve got, and usually gets doubled up on, freeing others.

I’m always disappointed if he doesn’t start.

A player that has you leaning forwards in anticipation of what might happen.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
His early season injury had him really hit the buffer after an exciting start. I see why some don’t fancy him, but he looks so much more dangerous than anyone else we’ve got, and usually gets doubled up on, freeing others.

I’m always disappointed if he doesn’t start.

A player that has you leaning forwards in anticipation of what might happen.
As a loan, I don't think he's done it in between the flashes of interesting stuff

I wouldn't say no to signing him as a development player though, he needs more time and will never make it at Chelsea

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a loan, I don't think he's done it in between the flashes of interesting stuff

I wouldn't say no to signing him as a development player though, he needs more time and will never make it at Chelsea
We said the same on Saturday. If Chelsea are releasing him then yes take him, but another loan, no thanks.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Rankine.

Zero end product, but when the ball goes out to him it's exciting because he'll likely beat his man and put in a cross (that'll be snuffed out at the near post).

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Rankine.

Zero end product, but when the ball goes out to him it's exciting because he'll likely beat his man and put in a cross (that'll be snuffed out at the near post).
Why would you get excited when you know what's coming (most of the time)?