• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hello Dion Rankine

JGrecian23

He was lively yesterday, still wanted to do too much. Too many stepovers and drag backs when not needed. His crossing is generally terrible though.

Was good to see him get in a scoring position and finish it off.

I wasn’t impressed with Caprice when we had him, but I’d rather Caprice than Rankine. Dion has the potential but not showing it enough with us, hope we see the best of him in the second half of the season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably going to go against the grain as many seem to love Dion - lovely on the eye but what end product is there at the end of the day. Doesn't use that pace to anywhere near enough effect imo

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably going to go against the grain as many seem to love Dion - lovely on the eye but what end product is there at the end of the day. Doesn't use that pace to anywhere near enough effect imo
Gets us up the pitch has defenders backing off. His final ball is hit and miss or he wouldn't be playing for us but he's miles better than Niskanen.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gets us up the pitch has defenders backing off. His final ball is hit and miss or he wouldn't be playing for us but he's miles better than Niskanen.
Gets up the pitch, pace to burn, several step overs then either loses the ball or passes it back to someone else. I'm really not sure that's much more effective that even Niskanen

Bridgy 81

Gets up the pitch, pace to burn, several step overs then either loses the ball or passes it back to someone else. I'm really not sure that's much more effective that even Niskanen
Rankine = home.
Niskanen = away.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
He occupies two defenders to roll the ball back into space for someone to cross it. That's the tactic.

Niskanen stands on the ball can't make his mind up what to do with it then scuffs it along the floor at the first defender.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Genuinely struggle to remember Niskanen playing a ball of any consequence in the final third.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Genuinely struggle to remember Niskanen playing a ball of any consequence in the final third.
He didn't but my point is neither did Dion despite the step overs

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He didn't but my point is neither did Dion despite the step overs
Reasonably sure Dion got at least two or three crosses into the box and he was only on the pitch for a fraction of the time Ilmari was. Notwithstanding that, as Manc pointed out, at least Dion helps create 'moments', allowing others to get the ball into the danger area. I'm just not seeing that from Niskanen at the minute.