• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Having just seen Torquay's fixtures...

Chuckles

Gulls will survive, as will the gargs who are playing well. All three devon sides to meet in L2 again next season.
I think Torquay will go down and will go out of business in a few years

jmgull

It looks like you'll be right. Backalong I said much the same thing to JM Gull, although I further predicted that the gargs would pass his lot on the stairs - which has happened.

The trouble is that since the gulls slump, Justin and some of his more vocal confederates simply don't venture here anymore.
Just logged on for the first time in ages to put you right Stuffy....

You should know me better than a slump stopping me post, we've had a terrible 2nd half of the season and I'm not confident at all of us surviving to be honest.

The lack of football "savvy" amongst our very well meaning board means that we're terrific off the pitch these days but terrible on it sadly.....that's life supporting a small club in the nether regions of the league.

I stopped posting because I didn't want to be part of a site that sees fit to ban people for having different opinions but doesn't when a poster sees fit to write disgusting, derogative and shameful posts about a recently deceased (at the time) former director of our club and latterly the current manager, who is currently off sick......in the name of "banter".

Not for me thanks but all the best to you, geoff and the decent greeks on here.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm sorry to read your post, jm, but I think I've seen a post or two that you describe. Not good even on this board. With apologies to my fellow Grecians but I don't really do banter per se, so I trust they'll forgive me for saying 'fingers crossed and all the best for the end of the season' and I hope you change your mind about posting ...

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I stopped posting because I didn't want to be part of a site that sees fit to ban people for having different opinions but doesn't when a poster sees fit to write disgusting, derogative and shameful posts about a recently deceased (at the time) former director of our club and latterly the current manager, who is currently off sick......in the name of "banter".
Tis a sad and sorry post to read. Be sure there's plenty of greeks who would welcome the mass return of our yellow and green chums - the place is fast becoming a morgue without them.(no pun intended)

You'll always get unsavoury posts amongst the good, that unfortunately is the nature of the beast. As for the banning, it's been noted by some that things are not quite the same anymore.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Torquay will go down and will go out of business in a few years
On what I am listening to tonight then we will be following very close behind.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
dont expect any help on saturday gulls, wimbledon will be rubbing their hands in antisipation of the three points.

Chuckles

AlanDevlin

She looks a steady old dear... hardly a football club chairman, but hey... she's putting a healthy proportion of £1 of her life's earnings into the club

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
She looks a steady old dear... hardly a football club chairman, but hey... she's putting a healthy proportion of £1 of her life's earnings into the club
Good luck to the Gulls.

A charming and generous lady. [y]

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Wanting the gulls to win Tuesday now so much more

You could be playing a part in the Gaws downfall !!