• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Have we gone about as far as we can go ?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
So why have the seats anyway?
It's the law !

journeyman

Quote taken from a blog of one man's quest to do the 92 grounds

Should Exeter ever reach the Championship, then it will be interesting to see whether the 3 year rule will come into effect, or be shown up for the hypocritical joke that it is.

Alistair20000

Your playing budget is tiny even by League 1 standards, QUOTE]

How do you know that ?

Please show your workings with suitable supporting evidence showing the playing budgets of all the teams in League 1

exehausted2

What are all these rational arguments? I support City for the raw emotion. I've replayed that winning goal in the Huddersfield goal time and time again so I can hear the chanting turn into a roar which starts (if you slow it down) just as the ball hits the net (I mean literally). I mean what's that 5,000 people all sharing the same emotion? There's a time and place for facts and figures but nobody's going to stop me dreaming of glory. I'm a miserable enough old git in real life, I don't want to be like that at St James' Park! Roll on the Geordies moaning about how they should be hammering "teams like Exeter" - oh, sorry we've done that one (4-0), make it a relegated Villa - no good either, I've seen them in the league at Plainmoor, West Ham it is then for "the worst result in our[their] history"!

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are all these rational arguments? I support City for the raw emotion. I've replayed that winning goal in the Huddersfield goal time and time again so I can hear the chanting turn into a roar which starts (if you slow it down) just as the ball hits the net (I mean literally). I mean what's that 5,000 people all sharing the same emotion? There's a time and place for facts and figures but nobody's going to stop me dreaming of glory. I'm a miserable enough old git in real life, I don't want to be like that at St James' Park! Roll on the Geordies moaning about how they should be hammering "teams like Exeter" - oh, sorry we've done that one (4-0), make it a relegated Villa - no good either, I've seen them in the league at Plainmoor, West Ham it is then for "the worst result in our[their] history"!
Slightly off topic, but this got me wondering which team we are closest to playing a league game against for the 1st time, and at 3 points off the relegation places one division above, I think this has to be Middlesbrough, who I dont think we have ever met in league or cup

STURTZ

If we'd beaten Man U they would have been next up!

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
If we'd beaten Man U they would have been next up!
Oh Sturtz, that IF again... :(

A377 Lad

I also think Exeter struggles to attract and keep players here purely because of location, which 18-30 year old wants to spend their life in Devon? I certainly don't.

Grecian Max

Its odd, if you watch PL football on the tele, that so many fans are standing and seemingly no one does anything about it. So why have the seats anyway?
Exactly. All of Liverpool's support was standing at Wolves, all of the Everton fans behind the goal were standing (as were West Ham away supporters), Man Utd had people standing in the Stretford and they were just the ones I bothered to notice.

The powers that be need to re-evaluate the whole thing, Germany have it spot on.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I also think Exeter struggles to attract and keep players here purely because of location, which 18-30 year old wants to spend their life in Devon? I certainly don't.
Whereas this 33 year old would dearly love to live in Devon.

We should sign a bunch of 33 year olds!