• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
All well and good giving academy players games in an injury crisis but Richards was playing well and Kite had a spell where he was being highly praised by Nicho. Neither have been seen since basically January which is confusing as both could've garnered a fee and I don't think they'd be doing much worse than our midfield options at the moment.
I thought with Richards it was just about making it clear we would give him opportunities by staying with us. His inclusion was though during the worst of our injury crisis but I agree he looked more than capable and hopefully it means he will want to stay with us post 16. With Kite I have to say I cannot remember Nico giving him big priase

ryancooper327

Richards is about 16, isn't he?
And played 80 mins in 1 L1 game. Looked OK but ‘playing well’ makes his contribution sound more than it is!

Simba3011

We won’t get a fee for Kite! He’ll be over the age limit when his contract expires.
Meant more selling him on if he'd extended his contract, if his development had been handled better he could've had suitors in for him

Simba3011

I thought with Richards it was just about making it clear we would give him opportunities by staying with us. His inclusion was though during the worst of our injury crisis but I agree he looked more than capable and hopefully it means he will want to stay with us post 16. With Kite I have to say I cannot remember Nico giving him big priase
Fair enough with Richards maybe it is wise to let him bulk up a bit before throwing him in the deep end. On Kite I seem to remember Nicho saying about him "knowing his limitations, doing his job well and other players being able to follow his example". I think he's someone who can be a leader so it's a shame we're letting him go so easily when we'll need to rebuild in midfield next season again anyway.

Mid Devon Grecian

Meant more selling him on if he'd extended his contract, if his development had been handled better he could've had suitors in for him
We needed to convince him he was a major part of our plans moving forward to get him to sign a contract. I’m sure he and his agent were very aware he could pocket a better personal deal elsewhere if he was a free agent.

I’m on the fence with Harry, decent enough player but not anywhere near the level of Collins or Key.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
by playing academy players or having a core of “local” lads playing….

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
by playing academy players or having a core of “local” lads playing….
but he is playing academy players - Diabate and Cox regularly. He promoted Richards into the squad. He offered Collins and Key the biggest contracts we have offered it doesn't sound like anyone who is opposed to having Academy lads playing. The only question marks are over Kite and Hartridge who it appears both decided they would be leaving. Hartridge became a liability so I have no problem at all him being out of the picture. Would I rather Kite was on the bench yes but I don't see them train and maybe he doesn't deserve to just because he is a local lad shouldn't put you higher in the pecking order imo.

Simba3011

We needed to convince him he was a major part of our plans moving forward to get him to sign a contract. I’m sure he and his agent were very aware he could pocket a better personal deal elsewhere if he was a free agent.

I’m on the fence with Harry, decent enough player but not anywhere near the level of Collins or Key.
I'd tend to agree but it would've been nice for him to get an extended run in his natural position as I think he could've done a good job as a regular league 1 centre mid

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
The fact that Kite and Hartridge have been kak this season could be down to the manager I suppose, but the fact that our future stars have difficulty holding down first team spots for the likes of Dorchester, Parkway, Tiverton and Gosport point to a deeper problem.

JGrecian23

Love the way we have years and years of playing shit load of kids and then Caldwell comes in and it's suddenly we don't have any kids to play.

Convenient for some poor journeyman manager isn't it.