• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harry finds himself in a similar position to Alex Hartridge at the moment;the manager prefers to have a more experienced player on the bench but I’d hope that if a position in the team opens up it would be the younger player who gets the nod. In fact, it’s not inconceivable both could start against Bradford, with Stubbs and Dieng being rested.

More generally Kite is unlucky to find himself as back-up to probably City’s best player this season. And as promising as he has looked he is realistically not yet quite able to have the same impact on the team as Dieng.
I agree. He will get his chance again. Just needs to stay selectable.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Midfield anchorman. As I've said may times before, the pivot of the entire team. A crucial position. We haven't had a good one since Tommy Doc. Hope Harry can succeed in this role
Maybe I’m being unnecessarily pedantic but I’d argue that Matt Taylor never really plays a traditional-style midfield anchorman. His consistent preference is to partner an energetic box-to-box player (Jake Taylor or Tim Dieng) with a quick passer of the ball (Archie Collins).

Memphis09

Harry finds himself in a similar position to Alex Hartridge at the moment;the manager prefers to have a more experienced player on the bench but I’d hope that if a position in the team opens up it would be the younger player who gets the nod. In fact, it’s not inconceivable both could start against Bradford, with Stubbs and Dieng being rested.

More generally Kite is unlucky to find himself as back-up to probably City’s best player this season. And as promising as he has looked he is realistically not yet quite able to have the same impact on the team as Dieng.
Best player this season don’t think so
Promising yes
Will play more next season

jase 07

Best player this season don’t think so
Promising yes
Will play more next season
I think Sea is referring to Dieng being our best player this season

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
There has been some nonsense posted on here in the last dozen or so posts. 'Potential back three player', at 5'8" I don't think so. Just because he filled a gap and did well once doesn't make him a centre half.
'Back up player to City's best player (Dieng)', Kite and Dieng are two very different players both in the way they play and their physicality. Dieng is a box to box midfielder, great in the air in the opponents box and generally an all action midfield. Kite is more of a holding midfielder who is a bit more cultured on the ball, the main link from back to middle before finding Dieng to go on further up the pitch. If you need to pidgeon hole Kite's direct competition it's Collins who still plays more of this role in the current set up despite my hope that he would step up and be more commanding and dominant in the side after Jake Taylor's departure. In that respect then Kite should feel disappointed he hasn't had more opportunity as Collins performances have been pretty average throughout the season. He is looking very jaded at the moment and needs a rest.

arthur

Maybe I’m being unnecessarily pedantic but I’d argue that Matt Taylor never really plays a traditional-style midfield anchorman. His consistent preference is to partner an energetic box-to-box player (Jake Taylor or Tim Dieng) with a quick passer of the ball (Archie Collins).
Agree. And I don't see the situation changing anytime soon which could seriously limit his opportunities.

jase 07

There has been some nonsense posted on here in the last dozen or so posts. 'Potential back three player', at 5'8" I don't think so. Just because he filled a gap and did well once doesn't make him a centre half.
'Back up player to City's best player (Dieng)', Kite and Dieng are two very different players both in the way they play and their physicality. Dieng is a box to box midfielder, great in the air in the opponents box and generally an all action midfield. Kite is more of a holding midfielder who is a bit more cultured on the ball, the main link from back to middle before finding Dieng to go on further up the pitch. If you need to pidgeon hole Kite's direct competition it's Collins who still plays more of this role in the current set up despite my hope that he would step up and be more commanding and dominant in the side after Jake Taylor's departure. In that respect then Kite should feel disappointed he hasn't had more opportunity as Collins performances have been pretty average throughout the season. He is looking very jaded at the moment and needs a rest.
Here you go, the Oracle has spoken ! All previous posters should now consider themselves enlightened 😁

grecIAN Harris

Here you go, the Oracle has spoken ! All previous posters should now consider themselves enlightened 😁
I'm more like Ceefax😉

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kite may not be exactly the same type of player as Dieng but when Dieng was injured at the end of November it was Kite who took his place in the team.

grecIAN Harris

Kite may not be exactly the same type of player as Dieng but when Dieng was injured at the end of November it was Kite who took his place in the team.
Possibly because Taylor, who is probably nearer to Dieng's style of play than Kite with regards being a box to box player, was out with Covid.