• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harrogate v Exeter City Matchday Thread (7pm kick off)

Legohead

Banned
Really disappointing result. Given their home form and the fact they had 10 men for a while, i don't think there can be any excuses tonight on those bare facts. I didn't see the game so can't comment on that but it sounds like it was a performance to forget. I'll read the reports on individual performances from those who watched the game this evening. On the positive side, Taylor can learn from this and needs to, no fans travelled to watch it and we got a point so it's not all bad. Another chance to get 3 points v Satanage at the weekend.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
especially idiotic comment from the commentator after he had had to admit that he had missed both the foul and the fact that the player had been sent off.

It was a pretty dreadful foul when Sparkes was through ready to unleash one from 20 yards but was hacked down. As stonewall a yellow as you'll ever see (unless you're the commentator)
Ref put the red card away pretty quick and I wondered for a moment whether he had got it out in error but I soon realised it was matey who had already been booked. Commentators well off the pace.

Still we learned about the team coach rolling up, that there is a Wetherby Road and that Harrogate had a bloke who scored for a pastime from 35 - 40 yards years ago.

Very illuminating.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I forget... was Key self-isolating or did he test positive for COVID? I recall Danny Clay, who looked a real prospect at one stage, was never the same player after he got glandular fever.
I think Matt has said that he has had Covid and is finding his way back

dontpassback

The pause in the season with covid And weather postponements has not been beneficial for us and Taylor needs to get some motivation back into the team,because drawing games we should be winning is going to leave us mid table at best !

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not on the evidence of the last few games. Clearly some of the younger players need a rest although that means relying for a while on the likes of Bowman, Ajose and Fisher if indeed the last two are still at the club.
The only entertainment for me were the droll Yorkshire commentators "Bowman's sent that shot well out of the ground and into the trees..... " and various similar.
Enjoyed listening to both of them.....as you say very droll.

Rosencrantz

Very frustrating night where we didn't work the keeper anywhere near enough when we had spells of chances either side of half time and didn't have enough quality in the final third for the rest of the game. Again when the onus was on us to attack against a side sitting back, after the deserved red card, we seemed to lose shape and had no direction. That's the time where a Harley or Noble like player would get on the ball and direct traffic. Even when Law came on he hardly touched or looked for the ball tonight. It doesn't matter who is in the penalty area at that point if the ball isn't being delivered into it efficiently.

Apart from a scrappy five/ten minutes in the second half which culminated in a very good save from Jonny, the defence did what they had to against not a lot of threat admittedly.

Against a promising start to the season it was to be expected that the younger players might have a dip and we might need a bit of freshening up in places to give them a break. Matt talked about tweaking formation after the Bolton game. We could still do that to try to freshen up.

Alistair20000

No ferrets mentioned though

Red Monster

Key hasn’t been on his game since crashing against the post ,
seems to have lost his confidence in beating the fullback.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
No ferrets mentioned though
...........or whippets.

STURTZ

Didn't think they sounded biased either, "if we score this free kick it'll be the first for two years." Never hear one of our pundits saying that, it would be true though!