• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harley et al

samwise

I'd go with Murray at left-back and Moxey on the left wing at the moment, Harley doesn't look arsed and looks lost out on the left, every time he gets it there he cuts onto his right foot and gets caught in traffic.

Get Deano whipping some balls in from the touchline, and Big Mac will get on the end of them. Sounds very simple I know, but it's got to be worth a go?

ecfc2000

I'd go with Murray at left-back and Moxey on the left wing at the moment, Harley doesn't look arsed and looks lost out on the left, every time he gets it there he cuts onto his right foot and gets caught in traffic.

Get Deano whipping some balls in from the touchline, and Big Mac will get on the end of them. Sounds very simple I know, but it's got to be worth a go?
Exactly what i've been thinking for the last 2 months!!! Murray LB, Moxey LM. A great combination i'm sure of it. Why doesn't Tis see the same!!! Crappy Harley, for christ sakes!! AHHH!!!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
the Tis house will come crashing down when the pressure comes on.

That is something I doubt though I do think the second half of the season could be much tougher for us. Grinding out results against the bottom half could just get us in the playoffs. There seem to be quite a few teams who have more firepower than us available to them.

bflockha

Dont think Brentford were a lot better than us yesterday, but they had a game plan and looked more like scoring than City.
Harley is one of those annoying players who look like they have more to offer, but is quite happy to play back than forward and gets caught offside too often when the play has been switched, lack of concentration, one of those days?
Dont doubt his skill, still looks a little lightweight at times.

eurogrecian

Hmmmm.... well in the (only) home game I saw so far this season, I thought Harley was a class apart: his first touch, ability to dribble his way out of trouble and his passing was outstanding.
Its true that his apparent drop in form does seem to have started after the press talk about scouts, big-money transfers etc.
If his recent poor showings mean that he doesn't get sold in the transfer window, I think this will be a good outcome for us. On his day (and he knows how to have his day if he wants to) he's a match winner, no question of that.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Harley is great on the ball, pretty good when we've got the ball and just a name on the team sheet most of the time when we haven't got the ball.
When he's on form he can pick holes in a back four easier than a fisherman can pick holes in his net. He's good at finding himself space to give him the time to use his creative wiles but as soon as we've lost the ball he's a virtual passenger. You finsd yourself stood in shock and amazement whenever he makes a tackle or a header.
As I've said before, if he could learn how to do the defensive side of his job, he could go along way.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Harley for me was poor yesterday , really poor , too soft at times for me , i havent seen many games but yesterday he certainly IMO wasnt performing - also he's going to get seriously hurt or injured soon if he keeps hanging his leg in rather than going into a tackle with a bit of conviction.

LBDN

personally i just wonder if he has fully recovered from his injury. He hasn't been the same since his return and if i remember correctly what was supposed to be a rather simple injury (that was initially given a short prognosis period) seemed to drag on a few extra weeks.

Perhaps a niggle that he hasnt quite shaken off yet which is affecting his game.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley is wasted out wide. His game is about creating space for himself in the middle of the park by dropping his shoulder and turning away from an oppo player so he can have time to make a pass. When he is out wide he is limited by the touchline as to where he can go and who he can pass to. He also ends up dwelling on the ball as he hasn't got the pace to beat a full-back.

old and grey

Harley was outstanding till he restarted playing after injury, but it coincided with Edwards returning to the back four, whereas previously he and Harley played close to one another and their skills complimented each other, or thats as i saw it.Anyone agree? I also felt that Edwards was continually talking to and encouraging Harley, but now Harley is practically a periphial figure out wide,and as a result, we are not making use of his match winning ability to play the killer pass, rather leaving that to Stewart, who to me has not been the success that we all expected, though i know a lot of people, including it appears Tis, rate him.
I do hope Harley gets back to the early season form, because that was very exciting, and i thought he would be snapped up by a championship club.His skills are special, and i do hope he doesn't drift out of the scene, rather as Holloway and Mudge did, and Logan seems to be doing.