• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimes latest.....?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Overhearing someone's conversation and reporting it here is the act of a weirdo and a complete loser
I thought it was what counted both as being well informed and as a FCAT

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Thanks for the link Crispy. (y)

Could be bad news for our Green chums as their Tyler Harvey has been linked with Forest, including a piece in the WMN this morning.

WXF

Going back to Matt Grimes I was sat behind somebody who I believe to be an ECFC Director on Saturday who I overheard telling a friend he was sat with, 'that Grimes won't leave for less than £1.5million on our terms and if it was £1.5million we would want him back on loan'. That's what I heard but who knows if it is what is going to happen or not.
*IF* we were to get promoted then the value of our players will increase further, and should Matt Grimes get to shine in League One it will only make him a more desirable and complete player. He is currently still getting valuable game time and experience at ECFC, who want him to go and succeed at a higher level. We should be in no rush to sell - thumbs up from me if that's the attitude.

Last edited:
*IF* we were to get promoted then the value of our players will increase further, and should Matt Grimes get to shine in League One it will only make him a more desirable and complete player. He is currently still getting valuable game time and experience at ECFC. We should be in no rush to sell - thumbs up from me if that's the attitude.
1000% agree WXF if we are under no pressure to sell financially and Grimes is either under contract for next season or will sign another new contract then a good 1/2 season in League 1 will inflate his price tag massively, could even double it if not more........... :)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
1000% agree WXF if we are under no pressure to sell financially and Grimes is either under contract for next season or will sign another new contract then a good 1/2 season in League 1 will inflate his price tag massively, could even double it if not more........... :)
Of course we are under pressure to sell.

How could we not be? We've had to rely on PFA loans to get by in the last months - we are in need of extra income.

I would take the bird in the hand this year rather than gamble on waiting for Grimes' value to increase IF we got promoted.

STURTZ

Grimes will be a hard act to follow in the respect that he seems to have been involved in every goal we have scored this season.

Harley had better shape up or we'll struggle on the face of it.

davecg

Grimes will be a hard act to follow in the respect that he seems to have been involved in every goal we have scored this season.

Harley had better shape up or we'll struggle on the face of it.
On the contrary. Grimes' departure would bring a significant windfall and with a small percentage of that Tis should be able to improve the current squad and keep momentum going. Weather Grimes stays or goes we should be in with a shout come May.

STURTZ

Can't see any more money being spent on the squad other than the money we have already shelled out on signing Harley and Nichols, maybe we'll sign Noble but I can't imagine we're going to bring in anyone else.

Can't see any more money being spent on the squad other than the money we have already shelled out on signing Harley and Nichols, maybe we'll sign Noble but I can't imagine we're going to bring in anyone else.
Agree unless the SKYBET thing happens then we HAVE to spend at least £68.5k on an actual transfer fee else we lose the money with the remainder going back into the playing budget to cover existing wages. :)