• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians 1 Chiefs 0

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club is only interested in the very young, Older people and family’s.

Couldn’t careless about anyone else.

Must mean you’re not old then.....
Hilarious
If this is the attitude of all our 18-30's supporters, then God help us.

i8cornwall

Let's be fair here to the club I would say the majority at SJP on any given day are well over 25 , Kcuf me some of the people where I stand are practically fossils … me included ! (had to add that bit as me mate Geoff will probably be reading this)
Haha I’m actually well over 25 so it’s not like I’m saying this as I think I should benefit from anything for free (not that I ever did nor asked while I was part of the “defunct ultras”).

The majority of people who stand around me on the bank are very much under 25 but are over 18. The club actually tightened up its who can get a student ticket now, no idea why.

i know of a few people who stopped coming all together because of this due to the fact they simply couldn’t afford to.

I’d also argue that the club and at times trust have no idea when it comes to people in that age range hence why the now “defunct ultras” worked and was attractive for people in those age ranges as they then had a voice and felt included where the club and trust had very little idea.

This has very little to do with the Rugby PR disaster, just felt that I needed to point out that our club isn’t great either they just go about it in a different way.

i8cornwall

Hilarious
If this is the attitude of all our 18-30's supporters, then God help us.
18-30 supporter who worked his ass off for the club but sure go with the I’m a ***** joke.

Arthur Davey

The club is only interested in the very young, Older people and family’s.
Couldn’t careless about anyone else.

So only interested in most people then...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have we seen an official response from the Chiefs yet on what appears at first sight to be a bit of a PR disaster ? If it is, the Fat Controller will no doubt deliver punishment.
Unless, that is, it's a dictat
Have we seen an official response from the Chiefs yet on what appears at first sight to be a bit of a PR disaster ? If it is, the Fat Controller will no doubt deliver punishment.
Unless, that is, it's a diktat from Tony Rowe which has prompted this behaviour; hard to believe a seasoned PR such as Mark Stevens wouldn't have foreseen the damage that this approach would do to the club.

iscalad

18-30 supporter who worked his ass off for the club but sure go with the I’m a ***** joke.
I don't think you are a *****. I've read your posts and know you are a committed City supporter. You just seem to have a chip on your shoulder about age.

Oldsmobile-88

The majority of people who stand around me on the bank are very much under 25 but are over 18. The club actually tightened up its who can get a student ticket now, no idea why.
The Student ticket was much abused in the past.
Its only right that it’s bona fide students who can purchase it.

i8cornwall

I don't think you are a *****. I've read your posts and know you are a committed City supporter. You just seem to have a chip on your shoulder about age.
I have no chip on my shoulder with age.

I’m past the age group I’m actually talking about so it’s not like I’m even saying this as it effects me or that I feel like I should get anything from the club.

I’m just pointing out that the club seems to have very little interest past the three groups I’ve mentioned so people trying to make out we are some how better then the rugby isn’t entirely true.

i8cornwall

Not disagreeing it was abused by people but the club handled it very badly and with very little thought.

What if someone was a mature part time student but worked more then 12 hours a week, they couldn’t get one but they couldn’t afford the full whack, what if someone was on an apprenticeship (like those young people at Flybe) they couldn’t get one but again where earning very little so could afford a full price ticket that often.

They have literally lost supporters because of it, quite a few have gone down the non league route.

IndoMike

I tried and couldn't get away with it. The grandchildren must have given me away. :sneaky: