• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians 1 Chiefs 0

i8cornwall

Are you not feeling ultra loved?
Water under the bridge now.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I support both clubs and have done for years. As someone said above, the Chiefs have changed rapidly from local club letting kids in for free at the County Ground, to corporate monster much more aligned with a Premiership football club in mentality.
Many things with the Chiefs leave a sour taste in my mouth and this is the latest, and arguably worst. Poor show all round.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hants_Red has contacted the football club(via Twitter) & kindly offered to pay for hospitality at SJP for the 4 ticket holders who had their tickets cancelled.

I hope he does not mind me saying above that magnificent gesture on this thread.
Hants Red - this just proves to me the difference between a fan owned club with a social consciousness & others.
Thanks for stepping up when others backed off.
UTC from a very proud Grecian.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It’s not cryptic at all if you can read between the lines.

The club is great at being community focused if you fall into one of three groups, rest of the time it couldn’t give a ****.

If there no feel good PR for its image or coming across as being all good and mighty then they won’t give you the time of day.

I’m just saying don’t throw stones when our house is made of the same glass that the Rugby’s is made of.
Who are the 3 groups you mention ?
And if you are alluding to the club not doing something to help out the now defunked ultra's group please just come out and say it because I cant be a$$ed trying to second guess someone else's mind games.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s not cryptic at all if you can read between the lines.

The club is great at being community focused if you fall into one of three groups, rest of the time it couldn’t give a ****.

If there no feel good PR for its image or coming across as being all good and mighty then they won’t give you the time of day.

I’m just saying don’t throw stones when our house is made of the same glass that the Rugby’s is made of.
Needing to read between the lines is the very definition of cryptic. So, in plain English, please explain what it is you’re saying.

i8cornwall

Who are the 3 groups you mention ?
And if you are alluding to the club not doing something to help out the now defunked ultra's group please just come out and say it because I cant be a$$ed trying to second guess someone else's mind games.
Family, Older (sorry) people and young children.

how often do you see the club doing anything for people aged 16 to 25 or the average match going person?

They don’t because it doesn't grab people attention or make them look good to the wider public who don’t really know much about the club.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have said that is pretty unbelievable and truly disgusting that any organisation can behave in such a hard hearted manner.

Not a fan of the Chiefs or Rugby Union football and secretly hoping the wheels on their band wagon will one day fall off....hopefully soon after this.....karma.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

how often do you see the club doing anything for people aged 16 to 25 or the average match going person?

They don’t because it doesn't grab people attention or make them look good to the wider public who don’t really know much about the club.
Must say I agree. Bought a 50/50 ticket on my last visit to SJP and... nothing. Didn't even get a signed football as a thank you for turning up.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Let's be fair here to the club I would say the majority at SJP on any given day are well over 25 , Kcuf me some of the people where I stand are practically fossils … me included ! (had to add that bit as me mate Geoff will probably be reading this)

i8cornwall

Needing to read between the lines is the very definition of cryptic. So, in plain English, please explain what it is you’re saying.
The club is only interested in the very young, Older people and family’s.

Couldn’t careless about anyone else.
Must say I agree. Bought a 50/50 ticket on my last visit to SJP and... nothing. Didn't even get a signed football as a thank you for turning up.
Must mean you’re not old then.....