• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Greatest player to ever grace SJP.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
It depends how you define greatest, all round or in their particular position. Dalglish and Rush were in there full pomp (as was most of that Liverpool side) when they came down in 82.
It was '81, and the player that really stood out for me in that game was Terry McDermott. Him and Nicky Marker's OG.

The greatest player I've ever seen play at SJP is Dunga, I think.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
David Beckham

Willy Nilly

David Noble.

gbjpc

I think only one of these played at SJP. The number 1 of course played at Home Park :-(

http://regularppl.com/top-10-footballers-of-all-time/10-george-best---northern-ireland/

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Arron Davies.

Thread closed.

iscalad

Saw Johnny Haynes back in the day. He was pretty decent. Still, I think I'll go for Best or Charlton.Probably Best as he had more natural ability.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, but for me it just has to be Les(s) Afful!

Wellyred

When did Becks play at SJP. I thought he'd left before we played them in the cup..or is this a wind up and I've fallen for it!

malcolms

When did Becks play at SJP. I thought he'd left before we played them in the cup..or is this a wind up and I've fallen for it!
Hook, line and sinker.......he played for Preston...

crocks

One of the best was Liam Brady. Just seemd to have so much time on the ball and nobody could get within 3 feet of him.