• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Greatest player to ever grace SJP.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
king kenny
I never really rated Veysey to be honest.

PeteUSA

I seem to remember that Trevor (million pound) Francis may have made his debut against us.
True, Francis was the first british million pound player, signed by Notts Forest, and his first game was against us at SJP. Cloughie was manager of forest at the time but didnt make the trip; the late Peter Taylor took charge. I remember Shilton in goal having sod all to do and freezing his nuts off! Sometime in the mid 80's I think.

iscalad

True, Francis was the first british million pound player, signed by Notts Forest, and his first game was against us at SJP. Cloughie was manager of forest at the time but didnt make the trip; the late Peter Taylor took charge. I remember Shilton in goal having sod all to do and freezing his nuts off! Sometime in the mid 80's I think.
TF came on as a second half sub, as I recall. Wiki says 1979

exeterrobbo5

TF came on as a second half sub, as I recall. Wiki says 1979
nicky jennings testimonial.

hatch4england

Tony Kellow

exeterrobbo5

Tony Kellow
im with you on that one.

Grecian2K

Surely the pedantic answer to this would be the eponymous Derek who 'Graced' our 63-64 promo team with his presence.
(Sadly we were not formed quite in time for the legendary "WG" to pop down from Brizzle and bestow his footballing prowess on us. :( )

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both the Laudrup brothers were fine players but neither were as good as Christiano Ronaldo.

As others have said for me its Scholes.

grecIAN Harris

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ruud Guillit and Luca Vialli come down here with Chelsea. Not too long prior to that Guillit was considered to be in the top 3 players in the world.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ruud Guillit and Luca Vialli come down here with Chelsea. Not too long prior to that Guillit was considered to be in the top 3 players in the world.
Think your right but I think at his peak Scholes was the best in the world.