• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Great City comebacks

Athelstan

Re: Exeter City vs Shrewsbury Town Matchday Thread

First or second season in the conference I believe we did it against Crawley at home. 4th sept 2004 according to soccerbase.
Cheers Richard, that rings a bell now you mention it.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster

I just remember BBC south west saying we were three-nil down in the second half
I remember the BBC SW newsreader saying:

"Football - half time score in Division 4 is: Barnsley 3 Exeter 0"

...before announcing the next sport - "Bowls" - in a way that sounded like she was cussing what we were all thinking!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought the topic deserved it's own thread. Hope no one minds me creating this thread.

cambmike

Torquay in the Conference Play Off semi-final was the best turn around for me. On aggregate we were 3-1 down with 20 minutes to go when Ryan Harley scored and we came out 5-3 winners. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7368696.stm and the referee was Chris Sarginson same as yesterday.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was the game in Lancashire a few years ago when we were two-nil down midway through the second half, won 3-2 and Noble had a blinder? Rochdale?

Silver fox

Torquay in the Conference Play Off semi-final was the best turn around for me. On aggregate we were 3-1 down with 20 minutes to go when Ryan Harley scored and we came out 5-3 winners. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7368696.stm
True cambmike, me and the lad were lucky enough to get tickets for that day, and what a day it was!!!

motorservices

Torquay V Exeter Playoff semi, has to be in there, 70mins gone and 3-1 :)

or even Oxford the year before, we were 2-0 down at half time in the second leg

STURTZ

Sadly, no, not me I fear.

But I've a vague recollection that that King of Kernow, Sturtz, might have been? Perhaps the great man can confirm or deny?
I was there!

All alone on the terrace although there were other City fans dotted around the ground.

Amazing night.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay in the playoffs is my personal favorite. Others for me Where Dagenham at home 0-2 down to win 3-2(Remember we bought Carlisle on at Half time and he ripped Dagenham apart. I believe it was the year they got promoted as conf champs). Oldham away 0-3 to 3-3 in the last 10 mins. Oxford in the playoffs as well.

elginCity

I was there!