• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Tisdale

ecfc70

I don't see how Tisdale can complain, his notice was served at a time when his team were not performing and had been for some time. The club, luckily for him could not afford to pay out his contract and sack him and so the clock starts ticking until he works that notice or signs a renewed contract. For him to now say he's hurt, saddened or whatever today's world is in his emotions dictionary, because of it happening.......well I honestly don't care for it, if it felt like such a betrayal then why wait until now Mr T, why not be more proactive in your job hunting while serving your notice. What is needed is for a decision to be made now, if he goes, then go now, stop stringing us along with the usual rubbish in the hope of slightly better terms and if you do stay then get on with it.....in either case until it happens the club is in limbo, and the longer the delay the longer it will take to move on

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't see how Tisdale can complain, his notice was served at a time when his team were not performing and had been for some time. The club, luckily for him could not afford to pay out his contract and sack him and so the clock starts ticking until he works that notice or signs a renewed contract. For him to now say he's hurt, saddened or whatever today's world is in his emotions dictionary, because of it happening.......well I honestly don't care for it, if it felt like such a betrayal then why wait until now Mr T, why not be more proactive in your job hunting while serving your notice. What is needed is for a decision to be made now, if he goes, then go now, stop stringing us along with the usual rubbish in the hope of slightly better terms and if you do stay then get on with it.....in either case until it happens the club is in limbo, and the longer the delay the longer it will take to move on
The problem is that he is still serving his current contract, which expires in 4-5 months' time. Tisdale is not obliged to resign at the moment. Obviously if he takes the MK Dons job then he will resign and MK Dons should pay some compensation. I was surprised to see that someone posted that his negotiations with MK Dons will start next week. With odds of 1-5 or worse you'd think it was already sown up.

bootesful

To unite the club all sides need to be receptive to the idea there are some who would still be calling for him to go if things had gone into the other way yesterday. I believe he will leave & both parties will be worse off. The new manager will have 6 weeks to change everything to how he wants it, recruit players with a limited budget, make the changes to the system some people want. They will then have 10 games to make it successful before this place starts on them, it could well he’s poison chalice for whoever is brave enough to take it up. People will say we have money but we can’t afford to blow it on a new manager as we don’t when the next payout will be spending needs to be planned or we will be back to buckets again.
Yep, pretty much how I see it. Never understood how the manager is the star of the football team. There are exceptions, the Cloughs and Peps of the game, but most of the time the differences are mainly due to the playing budget and the players' esprit de corps. Neither are really in the hands of the manager. Having a sensible, level-headed individual who knows the staff and team seems as a good an alternative strategy to succeed as hopping on the managerial merry-go-round with the other 91 clubs- it's not like there are dozens of (cheap) experienced individuals out there willing to come to our little club and work on shoestring budgets.

Having said all that, the Trust's decision was correct, our position in October 2016 was stunningly poor. I'm was/am always a supporter of Tisdale, but for all the notable highs of our automatic promotion and four Wembley appearances, there were the likes of the team's performance at St James Park in the Torquay game of Easter Monday 2014, leaving us two points off relegation with two games to go; the low point of his time (so far) at Exeter for me (just below the Anfield team selection). His view, as stated in the infamous Times interview, was that autumn 2016 was all about injuries, their subsequent undefeated run was magical and the timing will of course beg the question from all fans about how much the Trust's decision motivated both manager and team.

If he decides to stay, well that's great, if not, we part on good terms, thank him properly and wish him success.

The problem is that he is still serving his current contract, which expires in 4-5 months' time. Tisdale is not obliged to resign at the moment. Obviously if he takes the MK Dons job then he will resign and MK Dons should pay some compensation. I was surprised to see that someone posted that his negotiations with MK Dons will start next week. With odds of 1-5 or worse you'd think it was already sown up.
He has been odds like this before for certain jobs. It means nothing. He was 1/4 for both the Oxford and Swindon jobs in the last couple years and didn't go anywhere.

He knows how good he has It here despite his constant whining.

ecfc70

Well if negotiations with MK are next week then and seeing, as he stated, he has an offer on the table from us, then we should all being well have a decision next week too. It won't be good for either club to be kept in the dark while he catches some sun over the summer plus I can't see MK wanting to wait while he dithers

Mr Jinx

Well if negotiations with MK are next week then and seeing, as he stated, he has an offer on the table from us, then we should all being well have a decision next week too. It won't be good for either club to be kept in the dark while he catches some sun over the summer plus I can't see MK wanting to wait while he dithers
If he keeps us waiting a long time, then turns us down, then he'll totally undo all the good that he's done.

If we're going to get a new manager we need to start the hunt very soon.

IndoMike

If he keeps us waiting a long time, then turns us down, then he'll totally undo all the good that he's done.

If we're going to get a new manager we need to start the hunt very soon.
I reckon the job will go to Oakley if Tis leaves unless he plans to take Oakley with him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have a feeling he's going to have a chat with MK Dons and decide, like with Portsmouth, that he has it so good here he just can't leave and will sign a new contract with us. He's basically trying to let us know that he's within his rights to do that and doesn't owe ecfc anything. I think he feels its his way of getting back at the served notice situation. a kind of 'you've pi$$ed me off so I'll pi$$ you off and then I'll sign.

Unless of Course MK make an offer that he simply can't refuse. My prediction of facing Tisdale in the away dugout, first game of next season, is still a distinct reality!

IndoMike

He has been odds like this before for certain jobs. It means nothing. He was 1/4 for both the Oxford and Swindon jobs in the last couple years and didn't go anywhere.

He knows how good he has It here despite his constant whining.
OK. I didn't know that about the odds for other jobs.

Banksy

I reckon the job will go to Oakley if Tis leaves unless he plans to take Oakley with him.
Please , please , not Oakley , we can do better.

Last edited: