• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Tisdale

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'd think that Tisdale being the gentleman that he is would clarify the situation in the various interviews he has participated in.
To an extent he has by saying a contract has been offered but it would be good if he explicitly set out the facts. He is an intelligent man and a Proper Chap.

geoffwp

Yes, Ali, it is extremely annoying. Over and over again the same old falsehood is spouted out and over and over we have to challenge it. Really frustrating. Might do a flounce.
Too hot where you are to flounce Mike. Lets just say that all the falsehoods, innuendo, disinformation and outright lies just need to be balanced, that's all.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Quite. But if, as seems to be the case, journalists are only getting to hear half the story then it's not altogether surprising.

To me, it's incumbent on the Trust to pick up the phone and explain to some, if not all, of those journos inadvertently perpetuating the myth that naive / ignorant supporters sought to force Tis out of the club what actually occured.

The reputation of the Trust and its members is being damaged by this, why, seemingly, isn't the Trust hierarchy doing anything it?!
Perhaps they have and the journos just don't want to hear ? Its a much better story to talk of stupid fans trying to give the longstanding manager the The Elbow.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't it incumbent on Tis in his interviews to correct the myth?
I take your point, but he seems more intent on perpetuating it. Indeed, I sometimes wonder whether Tis himself actually understands the motivation for the AGM motion.

At the very least the Trust should produce a statement explaining what actually happened, send a copy of it to all those media outlets which have suggested differently, and ask that moving forward they don't misrepresent the situation.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Perhaps Pete Martin could tell us please if the Trust has attempted to correct the misrepresentations in the media ?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps they have and the journos just don't want to hear ? Its a much better story to talk of stupid fans trying to give the longstanding manager the The Elbow.
I’m not sure I agree. At the risk of generalising, I’d agree the stupid-fans-call-time-on-acclaimed-manager line might have some appeal to one or two of the red tops, but would like to think papers such as The Guardian and The Times would be rather more interested in the machinations of a Trust-owned Football League club and, moreover, that if only someone took the time to put them straight they’d report the situation rather more accurately. Regardless, I think the Trust is selling its members short if it hasn’t at least sought to do so.

Alistair20000

I’m not sure I agree. At the risk of generalising, I’d agree the stupid-fans-call-time-on-acclaimed-manager line might have some appeal to one or two of the red tops, but would like to think papers such as The Guardian and The Times would be rather more interested in the machinations of a Trust-owned Football League club and, moreover, that if only someone took the time to put them straight they’d report the situation rather more accurately. Regardless, I think the Trust is selling its members short if it hasn’t at least sought to do so.

Please excuse my rather low opinion of the media. You are of course correct that the Trust can act on this. Hence my polite request to Peter Martin above.

IndoMike

I take your point, but he seems more intent on perpetuating it. Indeed, I sometimes wonder whether Tis himself actually understands the motivation for the AGM motion.

At the very least the Trust should produce a statement explaining what actually happened, send a copy of it to all those media outlets which have suggested differently, and ask that moving forward they don't misrepresent the situation.
Yes, and the story was perpetuated by a commentator on Talksport yesterday. There is no doubt that the Trust has come under significant criticism, implied or otherwise, by Tis and others. Strangely this criticism (blame?) only commenced with the termination of Tis' rolling contract.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the pro Tisdale brigade will still love and defend him when he leaves and takes our best players with him?

For me, the damage is done now and he has to go. I think he's an excellent manager with some serious need for PR training and needs to accept his own faults and not continuously blame others. I will feel bitter/sweet whatever the outcome.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, and the story was perpetuated by a commentator on Talksport yesterday. There is no doubt that the Trust has come under significant criticism, implied or otherwise, by Tis and others. Strangely this criticism (blame?) only commenced with the termination of Tis' rolling contract.
Tisdale used to regularly talk about how much he loved being at a ‘different’ club with its volunteers and fan-sponsored squad player.

Until his contract was terminated and a new, affordable one put forward

Now he is negotiating with the franchise

How can he moan about the bad things/lack of morals going on at other clubs and football in general and then seek to join a club who stole their identity?

Last edited: