• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Tisdale

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seeing an away defeat at anfield as a managerial failure is the perfect example of how a lot of our fanbase have completely dissociated themselves from reality. Wanting an inquest after a playoff final defeat... expectations are way off kilter. We finished FOURTH. We are not entitled to it. The way people moan, it's as if we're a portsmouth or Coventry, well below where we should expect.
It wasn't the defeat at Anfield or the other three examples it was the manner of the defeats, he could have selected sides to have competed in those fixtures instead of capitulating. As a fan I want to see them fighting and if they go down then I know they've given their all. It's the performance that is down to managerial failure, the Liverpool and West Brom defeats were insipid displays and showed Tisdale's tactical failings just when he had the opportunity to showcase his talents.

LDNGrecian

Are Playoff semi finals not considered big games?

And hasn't he won every semi final?

citizen

So after the game he said he is working his notice until November at the moment. He needs to either sign a contract or go .(M K Dons can pay up his contract if he goes there or put him on Gardening leave). We need to make sure, whoever is running the team next season has a chance to sort out players contracts and get cover for those who leave.I am getting a little tired of will he wont he. Just make your mind up Mr Tisdale.

D__Lo__

In truth we probably already are, pushing for league 2 promotion the last couple of seasons... with the budget and current squad we have that is pretty much miraculous...
Not really though when teams like Wycombe and Accrington are getting automatic promotion. League 2 isn't that impressive. Money isn't everything when so many are badly using what they do have. This season = another missed opportunity.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
So after the game he said he is working his notice until November at the moment. He needs to either sign a contract or go .(M K Dons can pay up his contract if he goes there or put him on Gardening leave). We need to make sure, whoever is running the team next season has a chance to sort out players contracts and get cover for those who leave.I am getting a little tired of will he wont he. Just make your mind up Mr Tisdale.
If there was some proper leadership at the club they should have put a deadline for him to sign and we could have got on with looking at alternatives.

Too much power in his hands again.

100milesaway

A disappointing result and performance today.
But PT , in my opinion, along with SP has done a wonderful job. 12 years, 4 play off finals, some great FA cup runs, a decent stab at league 1, some amazing talent brought through the ranks and all with no money whatsoever.

On a personal note I’ll never forget my son’s face on seeing Wembley and I’m delighted he’ll always be able to say the first team he watched there was Exeter City.

Swanaldo

Seeing an away defeat at anfield as a managerial failure is the perfect example of how a lot of our fanbase have completely dissociated themselves from reality. Wanting an inquest after a playoff final defeat... expectations are way off kilter.
It's not the fact that we lost those games, it's the conduct surrounding the games that rankles:

Anfield - a jokey 'we're going to lose whatever' interview, followed by a team selection that had the entire City support slack-jawed and disbelieving.

Wembley '17 - We simply didn't turn up.

Wembley '18 - Tis quoted before the match as saying thought of winning amount to 'Daydreaming'. 90 minutes from glory and we look negative and have a aimless diagonal hoof as our only outlet from midfield.

He's no Bill Shankley, is he?

The deluder

Competing for a big club like Coventry (and last year Blackpool) in the play offs for Exeter City is a huge overachievement. I hope Tisadale and Tagg stay.

DB9

Competing for a big club like Coventry (and last year Blackpool) in the play offs for Exeter City is a huge overachievement. I hope Tisadale and Tagg stay.
They are big and well supported clubs but they were in L2 for a reason, With L2 players. If they were that good then they would have gone up in the autos. We don't have to doff our caps because we played them. In footballing terms we were all equal

Andy Holloway

Just out of interest, who was the 'numpty' in block 102/103 who in the closing minutes, but before Edwards scored, ran down the front stripped off his shirt, threw it onto the pitch towards Tis, then turned and stormed back up the steps and out. He really did look pathetic and of course consequently missed Edwards super goal at the ECFC fans end - durrrrrr!