• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Tisdale

Terryhall

"Paul Tisdale Appreciation Society" on FB has just posted that he has a 3 year contract waiting for him at MK Dons and he and his representatives will meet with the club next week to talk about the contract offer we have made.

If he wants to leave, let him leave. He's done well over the last 18 months and has done well to get us to two playoff finals. We can't forget that. This season was a great season - 80 points was a historic achievement only bettered once in our history.

BUT

Paul Tisdale is not as good as he thinks he is. He is consistently outthought and outwitted by other managers. He is too proud to see his own flaws, too arrogant to admit his mistakes and too stubborn to consider changing an approach that has been shown not to be effective. Sometimes - not all the time, but sometimes - you have to actually back yourselves to win the game and play with some confidence. Too often in big games, we throw the towel in before a ball is even kicked, and we are hamstrung by unexpected team selections and tactics. This happens too often to be unfortunate and unless Tisdale can address these failings he will continue to set teams up to lose in big matches.

If he stays I hope he admits his mistakes and learns from them and takes us up next year.

If he goes to MK Dons, as I posted before, we'll have plenty of candidates who want to come to Exeter to manage our club and I look forward to playing against his defensively set up teams in the future, safe in the knowledge that they will be set up to try not to lose against us, rather than trying to win.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shhh Terry , don't tell MKD's that else they'll whip that contract away smartish.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Paul Tisdale Appreciation Society" on FB has just posted that he has a 3 year contract waiting for him at MK Dons and he and his representatives will meet with the club next week to talk about the contract offer we have made.

If he wants to leave, let him leave. He's done well over the last 18 months and has done well to get us to two playoff finals. We can't forget that. This season was a great season - 80 points was a historic achievement only bettered once in our history.

BUT

Paul Tisdale is not as good as he thinks he is. He is consistently outthought and outwitted by other managers. He is too proud to see his own flaws, too arrogant to admit his mistakes and too stubborn to consider changing an approach that has been shown not to be effective. Sometimes - not all the time, but sometimes - you have to actually back yourselves to win the game and play with some confidence. Too often in big games, we throw the towel in before a ball is even kicked, and we are hamstrung by unexpected team selections and tactics. This happens too often to be unfortunate and unless Tisdale can address these failings he will continue to set teams up to lose in big matches.

If he stays I hope he admits his mistakes and learns from them and takes us up next year.

If he goes to MK Dons, as I posted before, we'll have plenty of candidates who want to come to Exeter to manage our club and I look forward to playing against his defensively set up teams in the future, safe in the knowledge that they will be set up to try not to lose against us, rather than trying to win.
Terry agree 100% with all you have said. Hopefully the situation will not drag on too much longer and everything will be resolved one way or another by this time next week.

dontpassback

BUT

Pretty fair assessment all said and done.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale has got the tactics wrong the last 3 big games (Liverpool away & two Play Off finals appearances)
Not forgetting West Brom.

CC

Transcript of Tis' post match press conference. Apologies it's on the atrocious Devon Live website.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/every-word-paul-tisdales-post-1617084

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting West Brom.
Seeing an away defeat at anfield as a managerial failure is the perfect example of how a lot of our fanbase have completely dissociated themselves from reality. Wanting an inquest after a playoff final defeat... expectations are way off kilter. We finished FOURTH. We are not entitled to it. The way people moan, it's as if we're a portsmouth or Coventry, well below where we should expect.

dontpassback

I’ve just heard that the mk Dons may have a rival offer,evidently thatchers cider were watching today’s game and they want someone to organise the bottling plant ��

Northern Red

Perryman will be a very hard act to follow and he leaves big shoes to fill.

I have no doubt at all that we will find a number of very capable managers applying for the job if Tisdale does leave. As interviews go though, I can't imagine MK Dons will be breaking down his door after today.
Totally agree about Steve.

Too many happy clappers want to keep tisdale, the way he set the team up today was shocking, the team themselves were all over the place.

Tisdale & Tagg need to go now, neither can move the club forward and have had more chances than anyone.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seeing an away defeat at anfield as a managerial failure is the perfect example of how a lot of our fanbase have completely dissociated themselves from reality. Wanting an inquest after a playoff final defeat... expectations are way off kilter. We finished FOURTH. We are not entitled to it. The way people moan, it's as if we're a portsmouth or Coventry, well below where we should expect.
And why should we expect to be where we are?What about 'little' Accrington , it hasn't held them back.