• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good luck to Matt Grimes

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Grimes would off gone without Perrymans involvement as he was destined for the top from day 1

Perrymans comparison to Hoddle isn't helpful to Grimes in the slightest

As for Grimes all the best in your career I'm sure you'll be a premier league regular and England player for the future given time to settle and adapt

Going forwards you've earnt the club a fortune and prob saved it again for another 10 years

Antony Moxey

How can you say that Perryman was the "main broker in this deal"? He put it about in the media that Grimes was on a par with Glen Hoddle.
Perhaps because he might know a bit more than you? Although to be fair he wouldn't need to know an awful lot for it to be true.

DaveE

Good luck to Matt and thanks for the memories. If ever the chant 'He's one of our own' applied it was to Matt.

Early Bath

Hi. Another Swans fan here excited at signing a promising youngster who by the sounds of it is a nice kid and would fit into our system well. Garry Monk will look after him and he couldn't have a much better role model to learn from than Leon. Looking forward to seeing him in action soon. Good luck for the rest of your season.
Gave me a shock when I saw the name of this poster, it's the name of my dog :D

Antony Moxey

Are you now going to disown your dog for being a Swans fan?

Copernicus

Good Luck Matt! I will be watching you playing for Swansea with interest (cos you are a local lad) and thanks for the saving my (our) club (y)

Oh yeah, watch out for them sheep....I lived in Wales for 10 years and Welsh sheep are definately thicker than Devon sheep.

butch

Grimes would off gone without Perrymans involvement as he was destined for the top from day 1

That maybe so, but for how much? Liverpool and Sunderland valuations were not even close.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can everyone stop repeating that Perryman "compared" Grimes to Hoddle, with the implication that Perryman meant they were similar players or had similar ability? It's pretty clear from the quote that Perryman said that Grimes was the best player he'd seen (apart from Hoddle, who was on a different level)... He is being requoted in the media with the exact opposite meaning.

Grecian_Jay

Really do wish Grimes all the best. Never saw him play live but from the one time I saw 90mins of him in the cup game it was obvious he was a class apart.

He has secured the future of the club for the forseeable future, hope he goes on to have a great career.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

That maybe so, but for how much? Liverpool and Sunderland valuations were not even close.
Above posted by butch

What were liverpool's and sunderland's valuations? Do you claim to know the details of the Swansea deal? Unless you are prepared to give more detail including how you know this then the post carries no weight imo.

Last edited: