• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good luck to Matt Grimes

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Good news and best wishes to him (y)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done Matt!

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to see your performances for City and England U20. You have conducted yourself impeccably in circumstances where massive temptations to be distracted have been placed in your way.

The football you have played has been exquisite; easily the best passer of a ball I have seen in 50+ years watching City.

And along the way you have now helped secure the club's (otherwise precarious) future for the next few years.

So, heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all who have helped achieve this step, the main one of whom is you. For us it has been great; for you it is I am sure just the beginning.

contrabombarde

Well done Matt!

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to see your performances for City and England U20. You have conducted yourself impeccably in circumstances where massive temptations to be distracted have been placed in your way.

The football you have played has been exquisite; easily the best passer of a ball I have seen in 50+ years watching City.

And along the way you have now helped secure the club's (otherwise precarious) future for the next few years.

So, heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all who have helped achieve this step, the main one of whom is you. For us it has been great; for you it is I am sure just the beginning.
Top post Andrew. Agree totally and relieved to see the hoped for amount plus sell on clause.

LOG

Good luck indeed.

A great move for him and fully deserved. Not too shabby a deal for us either, assuming the numbers being bandied about aren't far off the mark.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
You get the feeling that the lad has the mentality and the ability to survive the glaring spotlight of the Premier League should he get the chance in the first team. Let's hope he does. Looking forward to signing him for my Fantasy League team!

Good luck Matt, keep your attitude and eyes and ears open and you will be a full England International by the time you are 21. Absolute pleasure to watch you play and develop!

Grecian2K

Go blimey Guvnah. Never saw that one coming!!! ;)

Seriously, good luck to the lad (and thanks too back in the summer for giving the Taggy & club the most valuable "autograph" in our history!!!!)

eurogrecian

A class act. Could go all the way.
Will watch out for him every week as still I do with Deano and George Friend.
Let's hope by some chance we get to see him play back at the Park one day.

All the very best Matt.

Terryhall

Good luck Matt, will be adding you to my fantasy footy teams ASAP.

Last edited: