• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill to Norwich

City Inside-out

I don't really blame the man for leaving, he served our club well and now he wants to move on, why not?

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't really blame the man for leaving, he served our club well and now he wants to move on, why not?
Absolutely spot on. Im gutted he's gone but nail on the head there.

Lord Horn

Yes I've just read this and got irritated too. OK Norwich might have once won at Bayern Munich but that is no reason to be disrespectful. Good luck to him but this is the sort of stupid comment that could well get him booed when he's back here.
Don't believe everything you read in the press. Most Norwich fans are realistic enough to have exactly the same ambitions as Exeter i.e. survival first and then play-offs or promotion next. There are obviously a few idiots still living in cloud cuckoo land who inhabit our messageboards in Norwich but most of us who can remember the heady days of Munich and Milan realise that we're in a different ball game now (by a long shot) and have to adapt accordingly. Good luck to your boys for next season.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't believe everything you read in the press. Most Norwich fans are realistic enough to have exactly the same ambitions as Exeter i.e. survival first and then play-offs or promotion next. There are obviously a few idiots still living in cloud cuckoo land who inhabit our messageboards in Norwich but most of us who can remember the heady days of Munich and Milan realise that we're in a different ball game now (by a long shot) and have to adapt accordingly. Good luck to your boys for next season.
I don't. Perhaps you can read this out to Matthew on his first day at training?

Good luck too. I remember the last time we played, a cracking 3rd round FA Cup game (1990?) that finished 1-1 here, Norwich winnning the replay 2-0.

I was disappointed to read on the BBC website this quote from Gilly;

"As far as ambitions go Norwich's are far beyond what Exeter's are."

That's why they have just got relegated then, obviously?

Thanks Gilly. You obviously haven't learned much about PT in your time here....
Why is that dissapointing? City should have one ambition this year and that is to steady the ship and adjust to L1. Norwich should really have ambitions to get back into the championship at the first attempt, they are a bigger club with a bigger fan base and quite rightly will have bigger ambitions.

Over time we may reach that level, but theirs is much much of an immediate ambition. All of that said, I am not sure Gilly is the type of player they need to excel in this league, I would expect him to do well at this level but not sure he will excel to the point that perhaps Norwich will be hoping

DanEcfc

'The highly-rated midfielder has joined the recently-relegated Canaries, who will face the Grecians in League Two next season.'

League 2 ????

Cravat

So...

Gilly has played a total of 7 appearances this season with 3 as a sub. I wonder if he regrets making the move to Norwich. He's 29 now and this should have been his peak season.

Would you have him back or have we moved on to better things?

Will he even get a medal?

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Bloody right id take him back , he made our midfield tick.

A norwich supporting delivery man in work today , got chatting asked about Gilly , he said he cant even get in there reserves lately...

STURTZ

He had his chance and he turned us down, we've got a young midfield now at last with hopefully Noble coming in to join Harley, Dunne and Sercombe.

I liked Gill but he's not the future.

Cravat

I've been bored tonight and browsed a Norwich message board - they're all having discussions about who to keep for next season if they go up. The general feeling is that they'll happily be the ones to boot him out of the backdoor - poor bloke seems to have taken most of the blame for the 7-1 at the start of the season.

Aye, I'm inclined to say that we've moved on now and have a very promising player in James Dunne.

Last edited: