• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill to Norwich

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately folks City tried being ambitious with signings like Wes Hoolahan and David Bell but it ended up going hideously wrong thanks to Grim Roeder. Consequently we are no longer in a position to make big money signings so are having to settle with freebies. Personally I think that if you can get a decent player for nothing then that's a nifty bit of business, regardless of what league or club they're from. This is why I'm rather chuffed with the signing of Gill. [y]
Bet you must be chuffed to bits by Big Ted's post showing that Gilly said 6 months ago that he grew up as a Norwich supporter.

StroudGrecian

I was disappointed to read on the BBC website this quote from Gilly;

"As far as ambitions go Norwich's are far beyond what Exeter's are."

That's why they have just got relegated then, obviously?

Thanks Gilly. You obviously haven't learned much about PT in your time here....

Yes I've just read this and got irritated too. OK Norwich might have once won at Bayern Munich but that is no reason to be disrespectful. Good luck to him but this is the sort of stupid comment that could well get him booed when he's back here.

pct333

Matt Gill was born in Norwich according to Wikipedia. 8-|

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately folks City tried being ambitious with signings like Wes Hoolahan and David Bell but it ended up going hideously wrong thanks to Grim Roeder. Consequently we are no longer in a position to make big money signings so are having to settle with freebies. Personally I think that if you can get a decent player for nothing then that's a nifty bit of business, regardless of what league or club they're from. This is why I'm rather chuffed with the signing of Gill. [y]

This is from the playoff match against Oxford 2 years ago, look for our first goal and the volleyed cross that Gilly puts in is superb for Lee Phillips on 28 seconds. Its an example of how accurate his passing and vision is, he very rarely gave the ball away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoIMBRl_n14&videos=r_NjeCpMXYI&playnext_from=TL&playnext=1

Last edited:

Benito

Gutted to see him go but wish him all the best! Thanks for everything Gilly!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMO this shows a lack of ambition by Norwich. Whilst I actually think Gill is a good midfield player it shows how far Norwich have fallen from grace
Rubbish. That's akin to City fans rubbishing the signing of Matt Taylor.

Dr Hook

IMO this shows a lack of ambition by Norwich. Whilst I actually think Gill is a good midfield player it shows how far Norwich have fallen from grace
Agree with that completely, more so in the face of Gill's statement. He will only be a squad player to start with I guess?

Leyster

to the people who said good job we have alex russell and alex russell is better your are either blind or flippin stupid alex russell is not good enough for league 2 let alone one to start with he cant move hes slow as hell

LammieLammieLammie

having done more research, I am happy to concede that Gilly was born in Norwich, despite what Mike B says.
:D

All the best Bethan, Mathew, and here's to many happy meals. ;)

journeyman

Cheers Gilly for everything you've done.