• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill on loan?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I don't...I just know it hasn't ever been a part of his management style..if it's happening now then its about time, but I won't hold my breath...
Couldn't agree more there Malcolm. It's not the Tisdale way.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couldn't agree more there Malcolm. It's not the Tisdale way.
But it bloody well should be..as I said before, it's a massive part of the job of a manager...

davecg

The main point is not Marcus Stewart, the main point is PT's declaration that because there is no money he can't spend anything...A huge part of a manager's job is to create funds by moving players out and reshuffling what you have..this is the part that PT seems either not too understand or feels it's beneath him.
Not sure thats completely true. The short term deals that Tis often offers in the summer allow him the flexability to adjust things in january. Keane and Furzer have gone, Keohane will follow im sure. Cureton was a risk last season so started off on a 6month deal and there has been others along the way. There has always been that bit stashed to one side for someone to come on board in the second half of the season (Elam, Tully, Friend, Fleetwood, Taylor) but why there isnt this year is a concern.

The current squad is small, to pay for one quality performer at this level youd need to lose about 3 squad players, maybe more, and then youre left with an even tighter squad.
I agree the only flex is in the coaching staff but I would imagine all the coaches are on year deals so compensation would have to be paid, probably meaning youd gain very little.

The current squad is not the best but, with individuals playing to the level they did last year, should be capable of a mid table finish. That lack of form and the budget spent on retaining some of last years players has left us, well f*cked.

The playing and coaching staff needs an overhaul to accomadate a tighter budget but with everyone contracted untill the summer the opportunity to do anything now is limited, a fact that could cost us our league one position. Lets just hope Bristol Rovers fancy a Tillson and Stewart managerial partnership.

Grecian_Jay

Not sure thats completely true. The short term deals that Tis often offers in the summer allow him the flexability to adjust things in january. Keane and Furzer have gone, Keohane will follow im sure. Cureton was a risk last season so started off on a 6month deal and there has been others along the way. There has always been that bit stashed to one side for someone to come on board in the second half of the season (Elam, Tully, Friend, Fleetwood, Taylor) but why there isnt this year is a concern.

The current squad is small, to pay for one quality performer at this level youd need to lose about 3 squad players, maybe more, and then youre left with an even tighter squad.
I agree the only flex is in the coaching staff but I would imagine all the coaches are on year deals so compensation would have to be paid, probably meaning youd gain very little.

The current squad is not the best but, with individuals playing to the level they did last year, should be capable of a mid table finish. That lack of form and the budget spent on retaining some of last years players has left us, well f*cked.

The playing and coaching staff needs an overhaul to accomadate a tighter budget but with everyone contracted untill the summer the opportunity to do anything now is limited, a fact that could cost us our league one position. Lets just hope Bristol Rovers fancy a Tisdale and Stewart managerial partnership.
Amended for my wishes.

malcolms

The playing and coaching staff needs an overhaul to accomadate a tighter budget but with everyone contracted untill the summer the opportunity to do anything now is limited, a fact that could cost us our league one position. Lets just hope Bristol Rovers fancy a Tillson and Stewart managerial partnership.
Every manager in the League has these problems but 90% of them manage to create some wriggle room to bring players in by moving players out..as I keep saying, its an inherent skill if you want to be a manager..you can't rely on the club to provide all the finance you need, you have to create some of the budget yourself

Alistair20000

Serious question...Can't we offload Marcus Stewart to his alma mater? Would help us raise some much needed dosh and the negative impact on the side would be zero judging by the performance of our so called "strikers"

PT has to be a little more imaginative that just saying "the purse is empty" he has to get off his arse and find a way to "wheel and deal" it's in the job description....
Marcus cannot have too much to do given that The Cheese has stated that the lack of goals is "easily rectified."

Do coaches go out on loan ?

davecg

Every manager in the League has these problems but 90% of them manage to create some wriggle room to bring players in by moving players out..as I keep saying, its an inherent skill if you want to be a manager..you can't rely on the club to provide all the finance you need, you have to create some of the budget yourself
But who? Name one player who we could loan out, not harm the first team and by doing so create a wage for a better player to come in?
I dont disagree with the point your making but as it stands I dont see where this movement could be available.

malcolms

But who? Name one player who we could loan out, not harm the first team and by doing so create a wage for a better player to come in?
I dont disagree with the point your making but as it stands I dont see where this movement could be available.
How can you harm the first team by loaning out fringe players?...If he really felt they could do a job then they would be playing and if he prefers belt and braces he could insist on a call back if injuries became a big problem..Alternatively, if we are saying that our fringe players would not attract interest from a club lower down the pyramid then I'm afraid it says a lot about the quality of our back up players.......

Alistair20000

Tis said in an interview with Fullsy post match on Monday that " for me the January window is easy, the purse is empty." We do not have any money for even loan signings. If they were wage free, we still have to provide accommodation at City's expense. It ain't gonna happen.
Shirley we could afford the accomodation if that is the only cost ? If not, I would happily put up the right loanee in my annexe for free if such a player is available.

Here to help.

grecIAN Harris

Richard Logan......