• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not a footy thread and it's bloody serious for some of us.
I didn't intended that as a comment on your personal predicament Mike which I know about from pm's. Alistair felt he needed to apologise with an 'embarrassed ' smiley which i didnt think necessary on on a predominantly anonymous football forum in a thread about politics.

arthur

After lots of false dawns, this does seem to be the week when things will get interesting.

One thing I can't understand about the wretched May (one of many btw) is why, if she is convinced she is speaking for the people, they want Brexit delivered, and she is on our side, she doesn't take up Tom Watson's offer of putting her deal to a referendum.

Her deal would get through Parliament with that proviso, she'd win the referendum (because she speaks for the vast majority of people who want the government to "just get on with it") and her legacy would be assured. I know this is a fantasy, but if it's a fantasy she believes in, why doesn't she follow this logical course?

geoffwp

why doesn't she follow this logical course?
I think she is on the autistic spectrum and doesn't naturally find empathy with others feelings. Also maybe pathologically obsessive.

arthur

I think she is on the autistic spectrum and doesn't naturally find empathy with others feelings. Also maybe pathologically obsessive.
Pathologically obsessive yes. About two things - "delivering Brexit for the British people" and Keeping the Tory Party together.

The question is which one of these is she more obsessive about. It must be the latter - if it were the former then Tom Watson's offer is as good as she's going to get.

IndoMike

I didn't intended that as a comment on your personal predicament Mike which I know about from pm's. Alistair felt he needed to apologise with an 'embarrassed ' smiley which i didnt think necessary on on a predominantly anonymous football forum in a thread about politics.
It's not a predicament anymore, Geoff. Don't worry - it's just that it's a sensitive subject for me, and a few others on Exeweb. too. No hard feelings (awaits "ooh er missus" from Ali..;) )

IndoMike

Fox still insisting that the real choice is between May's deal or NO DEAL. In my opinion arrogantly dismissive of any indicative voting.

arthur

Fox still insisting that the real choice is between May's deal or NO DEAL. In my opinion arrogantly dismissive of any indicative voting.
I fear Dr Fox is not intelligent enough to be plausibly arrogant

Temporarily Exiled

I begrudge being told I must be tolerant
What's wrong with being tolerant?

Alistair20000

It's not a predicament anymore, Geoff. Don't worry - it's just that it's a sensitive subject for me, and a few others on Exeweb. too. No hard feelings (awaits "ooh er missus" from Ali..;) )
Not saucy enough Indo so I am not going to post it. :)

IndoMike

Not saucy enough Indo so I am not going to post it. :)
I will try to improve my sauciness skills..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.