• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be honest thin air would have been quite a good replacement for Scott.
I thought it and was tempted to post it , but in the light of our new found bon ami on here with the new signings resisted the temptation.

Intheknow84

Muskwe will also return in next 4-6 weeks

Exehausted

Alli, Eisa and Cox as our first choice forwards, then we have Yanic as back up.

I'd like to see us bring in a right back so we can play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. Eisa with Cox and Alli either side in a 4-3-3 or Eisa with Rankine and Niskanen on the wings in a 4-5-1
Everyone seems to assume that Jack goes back to being a finisher. He's been brilliant lately and it will be a shame if he's hoofed to the bench straightaway.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone seems to assume that Jack goes back to being a finisher. He's been brilliant lately and it will be shame if he's hoofed to the bench straightaway.
A high quality problem for the manager to have. Tisdale would love it.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fook we'll have to start paying his wages again, quick someone kick him in the leg before he gets on the grass

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can hardly wait.

I think we need two more in, however I don't think they necessarily need to be 'high' profile or with copious experience at League One level.

I'd be really happy with a tenacious, combative midfielder who can run for days, in the profile of James Dunne when he first came - there are lots of players at Premier League clubs/U21 squads who will have a good idea that they may need to move on at the end of this season and I'd be more than happy with us taking someone on loan or permanently (ideally) who is at the stage where they need to go and play consistent games at senior level. Given my opinion on Cole and Carroll, and given recent performances - I think this player could come in without the immediate expectation that they must start every game and perform, but be utilised effectively and when a particular game plan requires it etc.

I'd also like to see us sign one more attacker given Muskwe's availability issues since coming in, although I'd quite like us to persist with Sonny having lots of game time along with Mo and Alli so would again be happy for this to be a loan or someone who will be a good squad player. Unless a permanent deal for a long term attacking option comes available in which case I would opt for that, however now we've signed some good attacking options I'm perhaps more inclined to take the risk and wait until summer to spend any additional money that is still available and incorporate it into next year's playing budget.

I would also block any potential outgoings unless absolutely necessary as my big worry around our squad depth seems to finally be being addressed and I'd hate for us to take a step backwards.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who incidentally has the same birthday as me,although a few years apart 😀😀😀
As Elvis used to sing - "Huh, Huh, Huh" !

Bridgy 81

I saw someone called Big Elvis perform in Las Vegas once.
Apparently in 2005 he weighed over 68st but by the time i was there about 5 years later he’d trimmed down to around 32st.
He was very good but I appreciate this has little relevance to the purpose of this thread as he’s very unlikely to sign for us in the next day or so.
Just thought you’d all be interested.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now you’ve gone and spoilt my afternoon.