• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I feel a bit sorry for the lad Scott , yes he’s probably not hit the heights he or we possibly wanted or would like but blimey he ain’t alone - i think we should cut the lad some slack.

i don’t think it’s time for scapegoats, i appreciate it happens at all football clubs but despite our attackers not being in the class of Stansfield , Nombe or Brown this season there not exactly being provided chances or crosses to feed off & until the approach changes in terms of attacking patterns of play or threat will anyone really make that big a difference up front.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe. I mean It is certainly not without worth asking the question and don't disagree with the principle of asking the question to free up a little money for an alternative, but I don't think Scott would take it tbh, I think he would be thinking I need to stay and try to prove myself.
Yes, but if you get to the point at the club where they want to make a deal with you to get you off the books, then in order to "make it", you probably need to be thinking of finding somewhere else. Financially, you can probably do that cost free, even if you drop down the leagues, which is definitely what he'd have to do. I doubt it'll happen, because Caldwell obviously still fancies him to some extent. But if a new manager came in, that may be the kind of thing they would want to do. For one thing, its probably not great for morale to have players knocking about who you've completely written-off already.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel a bit sorry for the lad Scott , yes he’s probably not hit the heights he or we possibly wanted or would like but blimey he ain’t alone - i think we should cut the lad some slack.
I feel sorry for him. I think he's just been finished by injury. I don't think he can do it. Maybe he could make an impact at a much lower level, but nowhere near it at league one and never will be.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel sorry for him. I think he's just been finished by injury. I don't think he can do it. Maybe he could make an impact at a much lower level, but nowhere near it at league one and never will be.
Agreed. Start of the season he looked like he might be getting somewhere and this latest injury just seems to have finished him.

Smithyno6

I’ve got to the point where I don’t care who we get in, I still can’t enjoy the team under Gary Caldwell. For the fans who think we’re going to get a quality league 1 striker and we will all be saved, you’re hoping for a Christmas miracle which ain’t there.
The team is rotten, Gary’s management and tactics are rotten and we are rotting.

The most powerful message is boycotting at this point, not just waiting for the final whistle to shout “we want Caldwell out”. If fans want change and to stay in league one, they need to act with more force. I have never been so disinterested in the club as I am now.

I’m not coming back until he’s gone. How your own board and a fan own club can’t have it’s say is now making this fans V the board rather than the fans v the manager.

Mid Devon Grecian

I think it’s fair to compare him to Yanic. Both are wingers by trade, not no9s.

Yanic in his short time here has shown the attributes you’d expect of a winger despite not being match fit. Strong, quick, takes on defenders, can get the ball in the box. Scott has shown very little in this respect by comparison.

No comment on Yanic’s shooting ability😳

Ex-ciderrr

Watts seems to have fallen off the face of the earth obviously injured I presume, but seems never to be able to stay fit for more than 2/3 games I’d imagine his deal won’t be renewed in January.

Yanic - shown some glimpses in dribs and drabs, I that he may get his deal extended until the end of the season

Mid Devon Grecian

Watts seems to have fallen off the face of the earth obviously injured I presume, but seems never to be able to stay fit for more than 2/3 games I’d imagine his deal won’t be renewed in January.

Yanic - shown some glimpses in dribs and drabs, I that he may get his deal extended until the end of the season
Watts has a hamstring injury. Think I heard he was getting an extension. TBF he’s probably cheap on wages and is a development player like Harper.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watts has a hamstring injury. Think I heard he was getting an extension. TBF he’s probably cheap on wages and is a development player like Harper.
I wouldn't be unhappy if Caleb gets another year.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be unhappy if Caleb gets another year.
He must be right up there for leading goalscorer.