• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecianpasty

If Jamille Matt came in on a good deal, utilised as a impact sub I can completely see it happening. I very much doubt that would be the case though.

Grecianpasty

Omar Bogle is my outside bet.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jay and Dieng out and White and Coley in is not an improvement.
The improvement can only be measured by the performances of the team. This is the metric by which we can judge fully. We haven't played a game yet.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not to bothered about Dieng leaving, same as Jay, great players, vital parts of our promotion team, but perhaps at their peak in league 2.

Will be hoping for some quality incoming but think as it is we're still intact as a team.

Let's Go!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
why he wants to sign for the club currently bottom of the football league and 5 points from safety is beyond me from a footballing point of view but I suppose money talks
A challenge? If he helps Gillingham get out of the relegation zone and maybe have a pop at promotion next season it will be another success for him.
Plus he might want a return to the South East.

milts

Omar Bogle is my outside bet.
God I hope not.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A challenge? If he helps Gillingham get out of the relegation zone and maybe have a pop at promotion next season it will be another success for him.
Plus he might want a return to the South East.
New challenge is code for I was offered a shit load more money. If he wanted a challenge he should have tried to stay here and prove he can play at a higher level.

Grecianpasty

God I hope not.
It's a pure guess, but there have supposedly been league one clubs looking at him.

StudentGrecian

Like others of said I think both deals make sense financially and won’t have huge impacts on the starting 11. It’s another big chunk of experience lost, from a relatively inexperienced squad. I’d be worried if we plug the gaps with a load of unproven youngsters on loan.

Harper also looks certain to get minutes after being frozen out by GC for months. So although it’s not bad business, I can understand some of the worry at the current situation with wafer thin bench. It’s a difficult market, fingers crossed GC and crew can land their targets and put the worries to bed sooner rather than later. He‘s been making the right sounds, so let’s see how we’re looking at the end of the month.

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
A Gills fan on Twitter said it was more in the £150k region. If it’s that high then very good money for us!
He read that figure on here I saw him say elsewhere!